We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,717 Posts

Just a remark, the result is correct but you have forgotten to exclude the comments that are not (still) approved or/and deleted. This could be annoying.

I know this because I did the same mistake with the demo of AdvSearch with quipComment as joined resource.
      • 131 Posts
      insightdesign Reply #12, 11 years ago
      Quote from: romain at Jul 31, 2011, 08:34 AM
      Hi,

I tried to make SimpleSearch search into other DB. The best (understand easiest) solution i found was to make use of the faceted search.

Hope this will help

The link above doesn't go anywhere anymore....does anyone have another good tutorial I could have a look at?

I am trying to get SimpleSearch to search through the gallery somehow.
        • 6 Posts
        Quote from: franzlst at May 19, 2011, 03:04 PM
        Hi,

I've implemented SimpleSearch on my homepage and it works quite well on page resources. Now I tried to add the search of Quip comments. The wiki tells me how to do so:
        [[!SimpleSearch? &useAllWords=`1` &highlightTag=`em` &customPackages=`QuipComment:body:quip:{core_path}components/quip/model/:QuipComment.resource=modResource.id` ]]

But now I have no results at all, even none of normal pages. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Franz

I tried hard to get the code from wiki example working (http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/SimpleSearch.SimpleSearch) and finally solved it by changing letter case of the class (and removing 'useAllWords' from snippet call in this particular case I think)... smiley

The following works perfect for me:
          &customPackages = `quipComment:body:quip:{core_path}components/quip/model/:quipComment.resource = modResource.id`

Note that the only difference is using 'quipComment' instead of 'QuipComment'.