We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hello!

I’m having a real problem getting the fieldPotency property working. I am running:
    Revo 2.0.8 Traditional
    Linux
    Apache version 2.2.17
    PHP version 5.2.15
    MySQL version 5.1.52
    pdo_mysql installed
    Google Chrome 11 and Firefox 3.6.17 (doesn’t work on either)

My search results seem to be sorted according to content and then id number. The resource with the keyword in the alias is at the bottom of the results no matter how I change the call (this resource has a higher id number).

I have uninstalled and removed the SimpleSearch package and reinstalled and that has not helped.

Here is my call:

[[!SimpleSearchForm]]

[[!SimpleSearch? &fieldPotency=`pagetitle:5,alias:20`]]

Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and my client wink

Thanks,
    Kris
      • 3 Posts
      Ok, I figured it out thank God!

It looks to be a bug with how SimplySearch is dealing with pagination. I had perPage set to the default of 10 results per page. When a search was more than 10 results it would put result number 1 as number 1 on page 2. The second result would be result 1 on page 1. I’ll submit a bug about this. I just solved it for now by entering perPage as 100 so as pagination never comes into play.

This doesn’t seem to be related to fieldPotency as it occurs weather or not I have that added to the call.

Here is my call for now:
      [[!SimpleSearch? &perPage=`100` &fieldPotency=`pagetitle:3,alias:10`]]

Thanks!
      Kris

• This problem still appears to exist. Or is it just me?
          • 372 Posts
          I came here looking for an answer. Yes, it seems to me it is still a problem.
            DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
            DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
            gus -- Google URL Shortener
            makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
            MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
            • 9 Posts
            SimpleSearch doesn't seem to be responding to some of my calls.

On the landing page I have:
            [[!SimpleSearch]]

To trigger the search I have:
            [[!SimpleSearchForm? &landing=`364` &tpl=`SimpleSearchFormTpl` &fieldPotency=`pagetitle:10` &perPage=`100`]]

It works, in that search results are output on the landing page, but it seems to be ignoring "fieldPotency" and "perPage". Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?