We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 25 Posts
    Hi,

I’m using SimpleSearch 1.3.0 rc2 with revo 2.07 on PHP 5.2.13 & MySQL 5.0.77. When I perform a search with multiple keywords E.g. "red cars", the search field of the SimpleSearch form on my results page is set to a value of "redcars". That is, the space is removed. The results message also says: 3 results for "redcars". The search result items displayed are correct, it’s just the search phrase is stripped of all spaces and symbols, and ends up in the search field and in the pagination links.

If a search returns enough results for pagination links to appear, it causes a problem when clicking on a page link because its url is set to ?search=redcars&sisea_offset=3

The URL of the first results page is: site.com/results.html?search=red+cars&x=27&y=10&id=15

Here is my search form chunk:
    <form action="[[~[[+landing:default=`[[*id]]`]]]]" method="[[+method:default=`get`]]">
        <label for="[[+searchIndex]]" class="searchlabel">[[%sisea.search? &namespace=`sisea` &topic=`default`]]</label>
        <input type="text" name="[[+searchIndex]]" id="[[+searchIndex]]" value="[[+searchValue:urlencode]]" size="15" class="searchinputfield" /> 
        <input type="image" src="assets/images/btn-search.gif" width="82" height="27"  class="btnsearch" value="[[%sisea.search? &namespace=`sisea` &topic=`default`]]" />
        <input type="hidden" name="id" value="[[+landing:default=[[*id]]]]" /> 
    </form>

I’ve tried [[+searchIndex:htmlent]] and [[+searchIndex:urlencode]] but no joy.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

• 25 Posts