We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    Hi Shaun,

I was wondering how soon you plan to release version 2.0 with TV support?

A site I developed currently relies on Tim Spencer’s basic search snippet on Revo. It works great, but a form customization bug in 2.0.8 will soon force me to upgrade to 2.1.0, and I’m afraid the legacy code removal will break Tim’s search snippet.

Tim is an Evo/1.x developer and I’m more of an HTML/CSS/jQuery guy, so switching to SimpleSearch 2.0 may be my only option to keep this site working right. Something else like Google CSE is not an option because the content is private and requires a secure login to view.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
      • 24 Posts
      Hmm. Should be asking this question someplace else?
        • 4,149 Posts
        splittingred Reply #3, 13 years ago
        It’ll get in there when I can get to it. wink TV searching is a major feature add, and not trivial. And, well, time is limited. But if someone were to send a pull request with working code... wink
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 24 Posts
          Thanks, Shaun... I’ll hang in there with 2.0.8 for awhile and see what happens. cool