We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Does ajaxsearch work in 2.0? Simple search seems to be alright but does not fill the place that ajaxsearch had. I am looking to make a search on my site that will categorize searches while you are typing (ajax) and will also be able to have filters to exclude stuff from the search.
    • Revolution is an entirely new code base and thus most add-ons such as ajaxsearch don’t work for Revolution.

I believe the developer has discussed building a Revo version
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 3,975 Posts
        But there is SimpleSearch for Revo: http://modxcms.com/extras/package/?package=683
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • Quote from: ozzywaldo at Jul 23, 2010, 05:35 PM

...Simple search seems to be alright but does not fill the place that ajaxsearch had...

Looks like he is already using or has tried it zi
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 1,717 Posts
            Does ajaxsearch work in 2.0?
            No, AjaxSearch 1.9.0 doesn’t work with Revolution. The development of AjaxSearch for Revo is on track. But I can’t promise any delivery date. It depends of my availability.
              • 3,975 Posts
              Quote from: AMDbuilder at Jul 25, 2010, 05:41 AM

Quote from: ozzywaldo at Jul 23, 2010, 05:35 PM

...Simple search seems to be alright but does not fill the place that ajaxsearch had...

Looks like he is already using or has tried it zi
              "Oops! Slowdown zi!" tongue
                Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                • 172 Posts
                I have just ported my own Search snippet to Revolution.

As I have only just done this, I can only claim it to be at an alpha stage. Bug reports are welcomed and regarded as inevitable at this point. The Evo version is refered to here http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=32095.15.

You can download both evo and revo versions here http://timspencerweb.co.uk/modx-search

Its not like AjaxSearch. You could use it to generate an Ajax server response if thats what you want, but you’d have to be able to write the javascript yourself.

I haven’t used SimpleSearch but I don’t think that can search TVs as yet, whereas this code will.

Note that the search form is static HTML and inserted as a chunk. The search results are generated by the snippet.

-- Tim.