We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hey folks, I need some ideas on how to carry out this task...

I want to have members that live in the UK specify which area they live in, i.e south east, north east etc etc. I want to have this in their profile... I think I can edit webloginPE and the manager to do this but how can I create a search for a user by location after this? I did look at TVexplorer but I can’t think how this would all piece together.

Has anyone created something similar?
      Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
      AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
      • 2,314 Posts
      Hi!

i think TVexplorer will definitively help, maybe this thread will help you to set it up -> http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,30743.0.html haven’t used it yet on a live website, it’s a great tool!

cheers, j
      • Ok I have the manager and webloginPE edited and saving where a person stays... Everything works with that and I have tvExp working fine. If I use a TV with @SELECT country FROM [+PREFIX+]web_user_attributes it gives a list of the current users location which is fine but I want to have the list of locations taken from either webloginPE or the manager rather than the database or it’s going to be one hell of a list if there’s 100 members for example. Also there maybe duplicate entries for a location which doesn’t make sense. How can I use tvExp to narrow down locations of users by using either the input from webloginPE or the manager instead of the database?

• I’m still trying to figure this one out... I noticed there is a slight problem with one of my values though. I have 5 users, each set to a different location and each shows up correctly apart from one. In the tvExp module area, it’s showing one of the tags as tvLocation(1) instead of the tag itself... the others show the correct tag. If I put [*tvLocation*] in the document it shows the correct tag and it’s showing correctly in the document TV area. What could be the issue with this? Anyway, I’m still not able to do what I want which is allow a user to select where they are from, set it in webloginPE and then allow a search using tvExp to search by location.

• 2,542 Posts
            Hi,

unfortunately, tvExplorer cannot help you.
            The aim of tve is to create search forms and filters sent to ditto.
            So it is bounded to modx documents and tvs.

:-)
              Made with MODx : [url=http://www.copadel.com]copadel, fruits et l
            • I did think that... but thought I would try. I don’t suppose there’s anyway to do what I wish is there?

My ultimate goal is to have say 3 lists that you can select multiple choices... location, option1 and option2 say and then search, it’s to refine users down to a selected area or task.