We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • console says:

Could not open file for reading: formit-1.4.1-pl.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.0.8-pl
    Attempting to install package with signature: formit-1.4.1-pl
    Package found...now preparing to install.
    Could not transfer package formit-1.4.1-pl.transport.zip to /home3/citation/public_html/sunshinechildrenshome/modx/core/packages/.
    Could not install package with signature: formit-1.4.1-pl
    MODx could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.

I can install everything else just fine with no errors, (have installed Wayfinder, getResources, googleSiteMap etc) but when i try to install ANY version of the FormIt snippet gives the error above.

Wird behaviour: the licence agreement, readme and changelog are EMPTY when trying to install.

Using MODx 2.0.8-pl and have reinstalled everything just to make sure there were no corrupted files.
    I have checked permissions for the folders, they are all fine.
    I have cleared the cache, flushed the permissions and sessions, re-logged in, tried different versions of the snippet, nothing.

What’s even weirder is that SPForm doesn’t install either. So it might be something they have in common.
    The host has cURL enabled, as well as allow_url_fopen enabled.

Please help, i have to add a contact form and i just can’t do it, really desperate here. Thinking of moving site from live server to localhost again, just to install this.

Thanks in advance!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Check the PhpInfo information in Reports -> System Information to make sure cURL is enabled. Make sure your core/packages directory is writable.

You might also be getting a timeout if you’re on a slow connection so the .zip file is truncated.

You can download the transport.zip files manually to your core/packages directory. Then go to Package Manager a click on "Add Package" and "Search Locally for Packages."

That should put the packages in the grid where you can install them.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Thanks for the reply Bob Ray, big fan of your work!

But unfortunately i already tried all your suggestions even before i made the first post. Tried them again now, just to be sure, but no dice.

- the same behavior happens if i upload the package manually
        - cURL is definitely enabled, i triple checked
        - the packages directory is set to writable

In fact if one of the above was the problem, i couldn’t install any packages, but as i said in my first post, i can install any package i tried just fine, except Formit and SPForm.

• 24,544 Posts
          Sorry, I can’t think of any ways that the FormIt and SPForm packages differ from the others. Maybe something will come to me (or Shaun will have an idea).

Assume that you’ve checked the MODX error log and the server’s error log.
            My MODX Extras
          • The MODx log only says this:
            [2011-05-22 03:36:08] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not open file for reading: formit-1.5.6-pl.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.0.8-pl
            [2011-05-22 03:36:08] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) MODx could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
            [2011-05-22 03:36:08] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not transfer package formit-1.5.6-pl.transport.zip to /home3/citation/public_html/sunshinechildrenshome/modx/core/packages/.
            [2011-05-22 03:36:13] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not open file for reading: formit-1.5.6-pl.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.0.8-pl
            [2011-05-22 03:36:13] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) MODx could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
            [2011-05-22 03:36:13] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not transfer package formit-1.5.6-pl.transport.zip to /home3/citation/public_html/sunshinechildrenshome/modx/core/packages/.
            [2011-05-22 03:36:14] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not open file for reading: formit-1.5.6-pl.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.0.8-pl
            [2011-05-22 03:36:14] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) MODx could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
            [2011-05-22 03:36:14] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not transfer package formit-1.5.6-pl.transport.zip to /home3/citation/public_html/sunshinechildrenshome/modx/core/packages/.

So, nothing new...

Weird thing is that it DOES transfer the formit-1.5.6-pl.transport.zip file from the MODx repository safe and sound, i can even download it from the core/packages/ directory manually.

The server log is clean.
              • 24,544 Posts
              My only guess is that there’s something wrong with the cURL configuration or version.
                My MODX Extras
                • 0 Posts
                Where you ever able to solve this issue? I’m experiencing this with all of packages after I updated from 2.0.8 to 2.1.1 yesterday.

Permissions: /core/packages - 775
                cURL is installed according to php_info() and modx-info.

Setup wrote that all relevant folders was writable (like the folder above).
                If there’s a problem with the cURL build (it wasn’t with 2.0.8 though), how can I change with download type that should be used?

[2011-07-06 09:48:49] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not find package manifest at /hsphere/local/home/ecco/ecco.com/core/packages/getPage-1.1.0-pl/manifest.php
                [2011-07-06 09:48:49] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not unpack package /hsphere/local/home/ecco/ecco.com/core/packages/getPage-1.1.0-pl.transport.zip to /hsphere/local/home/ecco/ecco.com/core/packages/. SIG: getPage-1.1.0-pl
                [2011-07-06 09:48:50] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not find package manifest at /hsphere/local/home/ecco/ecco.com/core/packages/getPage-1.1.0-pl/manifest.php
                [2011-07-06 09:48:50] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not unpack package /hsphere/local/home/ecco/ecco.com/core/packages/getPage-1.1.0-pl.transport.zip to /hsphere/local/home/ecco/ecco.com/core/packages/. SIG: getPage-1.1.0-pl
                [2011-07-06 09:49:20] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
                [2011-07-06 09:49:20] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Kunde inte ladda ner paket från: http://modx.com/extras/download/?id=4ddd1562f24554219c00004c

...maybe I should file a bug?

MySQL: 5.1.49
                PHP: 5.2.17

Relevant posts: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=65397.0
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  That looks like it might be a permissions issue with the core/packages directory.
                    My MODX Extras