We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    I’m looking for a good, fast, and affordable host for a pretty small website that is (or rather, will be) running on MODx (< $10/mo). Any recommendations anyone?

Thanks
    Ron
      • 51 Posts
      I’ve had a decent experience with Bluehost.
      • Media Temple... I think they’re getting more modern MySQL and ability to run PHP5 soon, too. http://mediatemple.net/
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 46 Posts
          I use 2 different hosters ... for 2 differnt reasons..

1. 1and1.com (cheap and not overly high tech support (you get where you pay for)
          2. Prohosters.com (more expensive but very technical and willing to help you out in case of trouble!)

Personally I love Prohosters, I use them over 3 years and love their service. I am utterly stunned with their tech support. I honestly love it. While 1and1 is giving me a great low budget value package. Great for my staging stuff and alternative hosting for my customers who have low demand on their websites.
            • 204 Posts
            Quote from: rvdc2006 at Apr 24, 2006, 02:50 PM

I’m looking for a good, fast, and affordable host for a pretty small website that is (or rather, will be) running on MODx (< $10/mo). Any recommendations anyone?

Thanks
            Ron

hostgator, and hostingzoom .. hostingzoom has better support, hostgator slightly faster - both in your price range smiley
              • 1,193 Posts
              ScottyDelicious Reply #6, 18 years ago
              www.site5.com

PHP 5 if you need it (just tag your pages as .php5)
              suEXEC has eliminated permissions problems on all my sites.
              great manager software called backstage.
              FlashBack enabled.
              11 GB webspace
              400 GB bandwidth
              $7.77 per month

It’s not a sales pitch, I just love ’em as a host.

-sD-
                Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                • 42 Posts
                www.dreamhost.com

7.95$/month
                1 FREE domain registration
                www.yourname.com
                UNLIMITED domains hosted
                UNLIMITED subdomains
                20 GB Disk, 1 TB Transfer
                3000 Mailboxes, 75 Shell/FTP Users
                PHP 5 or 4
                Great technical support
                1-click-installation

Just try them, you’ll love ’em. Plus you have 97 days money back Guarentee.
                You can also search on google for Promo Code to get a rebate.
                  [b]Benoit Deziel[b]
                  • 160 Posts
                  I’m using two and they’re both good for different reasons.

below10host.com I’ve been using for years and though their plans aren’t that meaty right out of the box, they have two times a year when you can upgrade to outrageous levels for just another buck a month. Their tech support is excellent, they have every tool a geek could dream of, and I’ve been hosting with them for ten years. They just keep getting better. They’re a relatively small company.

I decided to try elsewhere to see what else is out there and have been very pleased with hostgator also. I’ve not needed tech support for them so can’t tell you how good it is (though maybe the fact that I haven’t needed it tells it all) Hostgator is a much larger company. Hostgator’s servers are faster and their uptime is marginally better.
                    "I’d love to change the world but I can’t find the source code . . ."

Custom ModX Templates