We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 128 Posts
    Hi. I’m integrating phpList with my site, and I simply want to use formit to validate an email input before posting the form. The form has an action which submits the form thusly:

<form method="post" action="http://www.littlesphaeroid.com/phplist/?p=subscribe" name="subscribeform"> 

If I remove the action part of the tag, then my formit email validation works. Otherwise it doesn’t. The form gets submitted, and there’s validation on the page that the form is posted to. But that’s what I’m trying to avoid.

How can I get the validation to work and not post the form if the form doesn’t validate?
      Revo 2.0.8-pl
      • 4,149 Posts
      Erm, for formit to work, you have to post it to the same page: [[~[[*id]]].

You could use a REST/cURL call to send the data to your subscribe list via a postHook.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com