We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts
    I get a blank page after I submit the form. This is on firefox.

Chrome gives an error like
    Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.example1.com/contact-us/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this web page later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Linux Centos
    PHP Version 5.3.5
    Mysql 5.1.54
    pdo_mysql is installed
    Revo 2.0.7
    FormIt 1.4.0

I moved the websites to a new server. FormIt was working in previous server. So it should not be a coding error.

I checked the system logs but no error message is added. There is a wp website also on this server, where mailing works.

Any directions on how I can proceed with this problem.

Thanks

• 90 Posts
      I wish I exactly knew why it began to work.

I opened the formIt snippet code page, removed all the code and pasted to a text file, then added an echo and saved and tested the code.

I re-paste the code from the text file, then it began to work.

Maybe, php snippets were not stored in a right format in DB.

Anyway working now.

• 353 Posts
        This may have been solved a long time ago, but I'll answer anyway.

This also happened to me and it vanished as soon as I removed the &emailFrom parameter from the formit call. Did you by any chance later change this field?

I'll dig further into it and post my findings here.

Regards,

Ok in my case it was the fact that i didn't wrote a valid email adress into &emailFrom=""

The same value didn't stop &fiarFrom="" from working though. It simply ignored it and brewed up something else.

pepebe [ed. note: pepebe last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]
          Homepage: pepebe.de | MODX snippets (and other stuff) at github: https://gist.github.com/pepebe