We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 225 Posts
    I am trying something a little different with a site I am building, but I got ahead of myself and need some help. I usually have my email forms redirect to a separate "thank you" page. On this site, I need it to redirect to an anchor on the same page as the form. And of course, it works on all browsers but crappy IE.

From what I have been reading, this is an IE issue that is tough to work around. However, I was hoping someone has a solution for me, maybe something that is MODx specific. I am not using the "redirect" parameter, as I couldn’t get it to work on an anchor.

For the time being, IE just redirects to some odd spot on the page. The good news is the "thank you" message snippet works, all error messages work, the email form itself also works.

The following is what I am using to redirect to the anchor. It could be dead wrong, but it works for everything but IE 7/8.

<form action="[[~[[*id]]]]#contact" method="post">

#contact is the anchor that is at the top of that page.
      • 225 Posts
      Well for the time being, I am just going to use a jquery/php contact form I have sitting around. It doesn’t require a page refresh, so it will work until I figure out how to get the anchor redirect to work with formit.