We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 275 Posts
    I use Formit on a specific page just for a redirect.

In the page being redirected to, I use FormitRetriever to retrieve the values from the previous page.

They appear empty.

Has the fact that I only use formit to redirect any influence on FormitRetriever, e.g. are no variables set by Formit?
      MODx Revolution / MAMP / OS X
      • 4,149 Posts
      You need to set &store=`1` on the FormIt call.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 275 Posts
        Thanks. It works now. I noticed it is actually documented with the Formit snippet... Maybe a short reference to this in the docs for FormitRetriever as well?
          • 4,149 Posts
          Done. Thanks!
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 275 Posts
            I browsed the FormitRetriever source, just out of curiosity.

I noticed you used the MODx cache manager for storing the values. I also found some interesting documentation of it here: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Caching

Can I compare the MODx cache with the PHP $_SESSION variable as a means for storing temporary results? Or are there pitfalls??
              • 4,149 Posts
              The cache file method is a bit more flexible than storing to $_SESSION, because:

1. You can control exactly how long in seconds the cache file should last before it expires (SESSION goes for the user’s entire browser session).
              2. If you have a large amount of data to store, you don’t have to worry about overloading the SESSION data storage mechanism. It just all goes into a file.

In the end, it’s up to you, though, on what method you choose.
                • 275 Posts
                Am I correct to presume the cache mechanism is private to a user?

So user A stores $name with value "XYZ" and user B stores $name with "ABC", there will be actually two versions stored in the cache and MODx keeps tracks which version belongs to which user?
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  No. Cache is done by key, which is universally unique.
                    • 67 Posts
                    How do you pass checkbox values to the FormItRetriever page?

Anyone?...