We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 158 Posts
    Hi ppl,

I’m currently redeveloping a client website but they want to keep an existing form which is here - http://www.orchards-holiday-park.co.uk/HolidayCaravanBookingForm.aspx

Now can all that be done ok with formit? Specifically the date options at the top with the calender pop up? If so what’s the best way to do that?

Thanks

Brett
      • 137 Posts
      Because of the way MODx has been constructed, you can literally do anything you want to do. So don’t think that just because MODx is behind it, you can’t do something. You just need to figure out how to play by MODx’s rules. smiley

As for the calendar, I would look for a date picker. I did an extremely fast google search and came up with: http://javascriptcalendar.org/javascript-date-picker.php
      Once you click the date, make the date populate the text input. Then grab that value and submit it with the rest of your form. I don’t think it will be that difficult, just a little bit of time.

Otherwise, just set up the form as you normally would. Then take a look at the documentation on how to grab the values and how to set up a confirmation email (if desired).

Hope this helps
        • 390 Posts
        FormIt, and MODx in general, is about how something works (it is - literally - a framework), rather than what your website does per se, and it is specifically not about what your website looks like.

So FormIt is a form processor - it will take a lot of the hassle out of validating and processing form input. It also gives you ways of extending its capabilities to validate in new ways, and interact with the MODx api to perform specific processes (eg save to a database). It doesn’t do the latter out of the box, so to speak.

What the form looks like, and how you assist the user in getting data into the fields in that form, is entirely up to you - as dowhatnow says, any javascript datepicker would do, or using MODx Custom Tables and some AJAX, you could actually improve the form by only showing available dates.
          Writer > E-consultant > MODx developer || Salesforce || modx 2.x || PHP 5.2.13 || MySQL client 5.0.86