We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    I just got FormIt installed and my form up. It works great, but I can’t seem to find where to change the actual message text. It currently says something like "This is a message from your sample site" and then what ever text it has from the form. I just really want to get rid of the "sample site" message, but I have no idea where that text is coming from.
      • 195 Posts
      It could be coming from a default template or chunk FormIt is using? I haven’ tried this one yet. It could be coming from a default file included with the snippet.
        • 390 Posts
        Your question and description are a little vague. It sounds like you’re asking how to set specific properties of the email hook in FormIt, in which case you might want to review http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/FormIt.Hooks.email.

If no tpl is set, it will simply output the fields in the body of the email (using the template email.chunk.tpl in /core/components/formit/elements/chunks/).

You can override the defaults in the config of each FormIt call, or create a new property set. But it sounds like setting emailSubject and emailTpl will do what you want.
          Writer > E-consultant > MODx developer || Salesforce || modx 2.x || PHP 5.2.13 || MySQL client 5.0.86
          • 10 Posts
          Thank you. I think you may have solved it. I was using "&emailTpl=`ContactFormReport`" and I don’t even have a file by that name lol.
          All I have to do now is create a file for it to use correct? And do I need to place it in the /core/components/formit/elements/chunks/ or can the document I use for &emailTpl go anywhere and I just need to specify it as ’myweb/myemailmessage’?
            • 659 Posts
            Hello

You have to create a chunk with the name you want (ie: ContactFormReport)as a "mini template". This chunk will be then used by Formit. If you specify the parameter (&emailTpl=`ContactFormReport`) it will be used as a mini-template for the email. It’s the same for the "errTpl" you can customize your error message by creating a chunk specifically to display the errors the way you like...

It works the same with all the add-ons developped by Splittingred (and many others). You can "customize" them by the use of your own chunks as "mini templates".

You don’t need to deal with the file system, just create the chunks and call them by parameters in the snippet call... Pretty easy ...

Hope this helps
            Cheers
              • 10 Posts
              Thank you so much. I think I am finally starting to get the hang of ModX.