We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    Quote from: TheWebScientist at Apr 20, 2011, 10:15 AM

Thank you Oleg, works as a charm.
    +1
      • 2 Posts
      Thanks Oleg! That snipplet makes it so much easier smiley

Quote from: Oleg at May 23, 2011, 01:29 AM

For those that are interested, here is a similar snippet that generates an email report for you (also stored in a placeholder): http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/klonopin side effects
      • Awesome, glad it’s useful. BTW, these snippets are now in part of the FormitFastPack component, which is in the repository. Let me know if you want anything added.
          WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area
        • Quote from: Oleg at Jun 28, 2011, 10:05 PM

Awesome, glad it’s useful. BTW, these snippets are now in part of the FormitFastPack component, which is in the repository. Let me know if you want anything added.

This is great and has solved my issues with outputting array values in the response page but in the actual emails sent out to the user who submitted the form and to the company to inform them of the form I just get the placeholder rendered.

For example:

Name: [[+name]]<br />
            Email: [[+email]]<br />
            Subject: [[+subject]]<br />
            Service(s): [[+service_values]]<br />

Results in this:

Name: rx2
            Email: [email protected]
            Subject: Test 21
            Service(s): [[+service_values]]

On the response page output we use this:

Service(s): [[+f1.services_values]]

When we try that placeholder in the email chunks we get [[+f1.services_values]] but we expected that since the fi preface, we think, is only for the response page.

Any ideas?

Thanks
          • I definitely will look into this, thanks for reporting the issue.

One thing that comes immediately to mind is that you may have mixed up the order of your hooks. Make sure the the arrays hook comes first, before the email hook, since that would make sure that the arrays are processed before the email is sent.

Also, I noticed that one of the placeholders below is "service_values" and the other is "services_values". Make sure you have the right placeholder (service or services).

If neither of those helped, could you tell me which version of MODx you are using and whether or not you are using the hook with FormitFastPack (and if so, if it’s the latest version). Also, please copy and paste the FormIt call and exact email template you are using (minus any identifying information of course).
              WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area
            • Quote from: Oleg at Jul 17, 2011, 12:43 AM

I definitely will look into this, thanks for reporting the issue.

One thing that comes immediately to mind is that you may have mixed up the order of your hooks. Make sure the the arrays hook comes first, before the email hook, since that would make sure that the arrays are processed before the email is sent.

Also, I noticed that one of the placeholders below is "service_values" and the other is "services_values". Make sure you have the right placeholder (service or services).

If neither of those helped, could you tell me which version of MODx you are using and whether or not you are using the hook with FormitFastPack (and if so, if it’s the latest version). Also, please copy and paste the FormIt call and exact email template you are using (minus any identifying information of course).

The services_values was just a typo, it’s consistent throughout.

It was the order of the hooks. The email hook was before the arrays hook and now everything is just peachy.

Thanks!
              rx2
                • 158 Posts
                Man i have been struggling all day trying every combination of ways to handle this issue until i found this thread.

It’s a life saver.

Thanks Oleg!