We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    When I try to use the FormItAutoResponder hook for FormIt in Revolution I get an error stating that I need to provide a to field. The default field for &fiarToField should be email, which is in my email template, but for some reason I get the same error.
    • You should probably start by providing your environment info (at least what version of Revolution you’re running) and your exact call copied from your Resource or Template that’s failing.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 7 Posts
        Hey Ryan thanks for the response. I’m using Revolution advanced 2.0.2-pl rev with php 5.2.10 when I include the FormItAutoResponder hook I continue to get this error.

(ERROR @ /index.php) You must provide an email address to send to.

I saw that the default field name for &fiarToField should be email, so when using the example template I have a field with the name "email:email:required." What needs to be done to my FormIt call in order for FormIt to pickup the correct field name as the to address?

Also to add I can send out email from the email hook just not the autoresponse email from the FormItAutoResponder hook

Thanks again

[[!FormIt?
            &hooks=`recaptcha,spam,email,redirect,FormItAutoResponder`
            &emailTpl=`contactEmail`
            &fiarTpl =`fiarEmail`
            &fiarSubject =`auto response`
            &emailTo=`[email protected]`
            &emailSubject =`subject here`
            &redirectTo=`7`

]]

• 3 Posts
          hei bigbt, found the problem or a workaround? i am having the same problem here...

I found, that by providing the fields:
          &fiarReplyTo=`[email protected]`
          &fiarReplyToName=`somename`

you can get rid of the "(ERROR @ /index.php) You must provide an email address to send to."

But the AutoResponder is still not able to send an email:
          "(ERROR @ /index.php) [FormIt] An error occurred while trying to send the auto-responder email: "

i am also able to send mail via the mail hook. but not via the FormItAutoResponder hook.

I use FormIt 1.4 and MODx Revolution 2.0.0-pl rev7212

hmmm... is this a problem on my side or should i file a bug?

Thanks for the effort!
          dani
            • 390 Posts
            I’m getting seven emails for each pass through the fiar hook, but only one (ie correct) for the email hook. All the FIAR settings appear to work - I just get seven of them.

Any thoughts? I pared down my fiar to just include the hook (ie all defaults), and I still get seven. Baffled. I’m using default mail settings in Revo 2.0.3-pl and FormIt 1.4.0pl

Writer > E-consultant > MODx developer || Salesforce || modx 2.x || PHP 5.2.13 || MySQL client 5.0.86
              • 4,149 Posts
              odeclas: Can you file an issue here: http://github.com/splittingred/FormIt/issues/ and I’ll take a look at it?
                shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                • 534 Posts
                I also had some trouble with the Autoresponder,

first I was too stupid to recognize that the fiarToField has to be the "raw" name of the email field ie. `abspann_raw` and not `[[+abspann_email]]`, I just could fix this because there was an error in the ModX error log...it was intuitive to me to use the placeholder instead of the pure name...now the autoresponder mail is sent correctly but I have some strange stuff going on with the email template for the autoresponder snippet, I can use [[+abspann_names]] which contains first and last name but I cannot use [[+abspann_email]] which contains the email address...I successfully use this placeholder in the normal email template (email hook), there the address is parsed correctly...

if I insert the [[+abspann_email]] placeholder in the autoresponder email template, the mail doesn`t get sent, when I take it out, it works...any idea why this is the case?

thanks for any response!