We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hello guys,

I was just trying to make these forms where you have the ’label’ inside the input, using a default value, and hiding the label, but I don’t know how can I do that because when Formit validates de form it uses the value to put the default value, I would know if theres any way to put the Place Holder example: [[+fi.name]] only when it is filled, and if not it goes to something like "Type your name here..." how can I do it?

Thanks in advance...
      ----
      Daniel Melo
      • 4,149 Posts
      [[+fi.name:default=`Type Your Name Here`]]
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
      • There is one problem with this. After the form is submitted, it goes to the default value again, what it should be?

God bless you!

Greetings from Brazil!
          ----
          Daniel Melo
          • 4,149 Posts
          If the form submission is successful, it should go back to its value. If not, it will be filled with the POST value of the "name" field.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • Okay, but it is not what is happening, you can try if you want: www.equipagenet.com.br/contato.html Put and invalid e-mail address on the second input for you to see... It really takes the default value again, you can look the source-code too, I really don’t know what is happening.

So then it really gets hard to validate this form...

Thanks for your attention...
              ----
              Daniel Melo
            • Any clues about this issue?

When the user submits a wrong value it resets to the default,
              instead of showing the wrong value for the user to correct.

Thanks in advance..
                ----
                Daniel Melo