We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 28 Posts
    I’ve just relocated my site to a new server in order to try and solve the blank page problem I was having http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2975.0.html and that problem has thankfully gone away. I now have another issue though.

The new server config is:

Linux: 2.6.9
    PHP: 4.4.1
    MySQL: 4.1.14
    Apache: 1.3.34

Anyway, the problem only exhibits in FireFox (works fine in IE). When I log into the manager, the page loads, but the box which says "Please wait while MODx loads the page..." stays on for ever, and in the top left of the screen, it continues to say "Working...", yet according to the bottom bar in Firefox, the load has completed.

I saw another similar thread to this which mentioned something about using a German language add-on. I’m just using the default 0.9.1 install with English.
      • 1 Posts
      Please provide a link to your site so other can try it out to validate your problem.
        • 28 Posts
        Well obviously, you’ll need to log in to the manager to see the issue, so I have created a test user with limited rights.

The URL is http://box92.bluehost.com/~gamesfac/manager/
        user: test
        password: password

It hangs in FF but works in IE.
          • 1 Posts
          I just it with FF 1.07 and it comes up really fast.

You might want to clear out your cache in FF and even try the same thing with FF 1.07 to see something might be not working well for FF 1.5 on your computer.
            • 28 Posts
            Yes you were right. I tried a couple of other machines and it worked fine on both 1.07 and 1.5, so there was something amiss with my Firefox install. A reinstall seems to have fixed the issue.

Cheers,
              • 1,495 Posts
              I’ve notice a couple of firefox issue though, especially the memory leak, but this is the best browser that I ever use, so that issues won’t keep me away for using firefox as my fav browser. wink
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media