We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 406 Posts
    Thank you (redirect) page uses this chunk code:

<p><strong>Name:</strong> [[+name]]</p>
    <p><strong>Email:</strong> [[+email]]</p>
    <p><strong>Comments:</strong> [[+text]]</p>
    <p>Click the email address to reply: <a href="mailto:[[+email]]?subject=RE: [[+subject]]">[[+email]]</a></p>

but the values do not appear in the thank you page like they did with eForm, why??
      • 4,149 Posts
      You can file a Feature Request here:

http://github.com/splittingred/FormIt/issues
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 406 Posts
        This should be a built-in feature from the get-go no matter what the form app.
        The documentation fails to explain that this basic feature is not included.
        MODx is a good app but some things are unfortunately falling through the cracks, such as basic features.
        HOPEfully someone programmed this basic feature into spForm.
        Thank you, Tom
          • 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: TomMLS at Aug 13, 2010, 05:42 PM

This should be a built-in feature from the get-go no matter what the form app.
          Debatable; but regardless, this is Open Source, so you could always contribute to get it there.

The documentation fails to explain that this basic feature is not included.
          Well, that’s not necessarily fair - documentation explains what something *can* do, not necessarily what something *cannot* do.

MODx is a good app but some things are unfortunately falling through the cracks, such as basic features.
          I beg to differ, but MODx is free and open source, so feel free to contribute back and get us up to those expectations!
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 406 Posts
            Your points are good. Thank you...
            I do understand OSS principles as you mention.
            Unfortunately, not all of us are expert programmers who can do this sort of thing that you suggest.
            Telling me to put in a feature request is not the same thing as the simple addition of one sentence within the documentation that form fields cannot be re-echoed back within the redirect page.
            It was not/never clear to me that I could update the documentation, and every time I have seen a login page for rtfm.modxcms.com, I have not seen how/where one could create a login, which I would add to the login page.
            Thank you, Tom
              • 10 Posts
              Duplicating the functionality of eform’s thank you page would make it easier for those migrating to revolution. Was thinking of putting the form in a chunk and using a hook/snippet to replace the content with a thank you chunk. Not sure if the placeholders would still be available though.
                • 7 Posts
                Is using a snippet that accesses $_SESSION["last-form"] on the redirected page a viable solution to this problem?

Anyone see problems to pursuing this approach?
                  • 312 Posts
                  See @cipa post:-
                  http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,54392.msg314824.html#msg314824

@TomMLS @gotham111 & @junkend this looks just what you wanted
                    DEVELOPMENT ENV:- Ubuntu 12.04 | MODx Revolution 2.2.8 | LAMP 2i Apache 2.2.22 | Php 5.3.10 | Mysql 5.5.31 MySQL client version: 5.5.31
                    • 7 Posts
                    Quote from: allanb at Sep 20, 2010, 08:26 AM

See @cipa post:-
                    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,54392.msg314824.html#msg314824

@TomMLS @gotham111 & @junkend this looks just what you wanted

Hi allanb, that’s a totally different use case - an auto-responder/confirmation e-mail.

What I/we are looking for is a way to display the submitted form fields after redirect on another resource page.

This can be accomplished in one of three different ways:
                    1) Pass all of the submitted form values as URL parameters on the redirect [BAD IDEA]
                    2) Store the submitted form values in the session somewhere and then on the subsequent page, read them out again.
                    3) Store the submitted form values in the database and then on the subsequent page, read them out again.

Building a generic snippet for scenario 2 could mean all people could use it straight away.

For scenario 3, it would have to be done on a case by case basis as the schema for the table would be different for each case.

In my situation, I need to save the form to the database anyway so I’m going with option 3. Haven’t started yet though.
                      • 312 Posts
                      @junkend

sorry I misunderstood you I thought you wanted do similar to the previous quotes.

If you look on same site there is a tutorial for similar for Evo and eform not FormIt should not be to difficult wink to modify for Revo

http://modxrules.com/articles/basic-registration-with-eform

Maybe just a start.

Maybe you could post you solution so I and others can learn.

EDIT

Just found other link(s) may be helpfull.
                      http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,54710.msg315349/topicseen.html#msg315349

This helps with your new tables and creation of schema.
                        DEVELOPMENT ENV:- Ubuntu 12.04 | MODx Revolution 2.2.8 | LAMP 2i Apache 2.2.22 | Php 5.3.10 | Mysql 5.5.31 MySQL client version: 5.5.31