We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    want to use modx to contol my Css too going to have diffrent styles for diffrent user groups is my final idea but die to the way fck-editor works it is playing with my css and messing it all up...

want the fck editor to be simply replaced by a normal text box if the content type is css... can this be done in a quick way?
      • 1,131 Posts
      Unfortunately, both FCKEditor and TinyMCE mess up any CSS code you try to enter. However, one of the things I submitted in to be included into the next version of MODx is the ability to switch editors on the fly while editing a document. Plus, I added the ability to select "None" when selecting an editor. This will give you a plain-ole textarea that won’t interfere with your CSS code and whatnot.

Probably what I’ll do is create a patch that others can add to the default 0.9.1 core files. At least nobody will have to wait till the next release to get these features! wink I’ll wrap it up and hopefully will have it up by tomorrow or Monday.

Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 46 Posts
        I was just asking for my own simplicity -_-...

if there is no exsisting option then i will rap a hack up for myself, should be a simple if statment for me as my requirements aren’t much simple if i set the content type to text/css then display a text box else display fck editor...

Thank you anyway...

If i get this done hopefuly tonight then i will post here...
          • 3,250 Posts
          There is an option when editing a page in the "Page Settings" tab called "Rich text?". Just uncheck it and no RTE will be used.

Hope that helps!