We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 711 Posts
    Hello,

I want use TinyMCE RTE. I need used it with all featured but I don’t know how.
    It would seem that only the advanced mode and the simply mode are available.
    How can I use TinyMCE in full mode or how can I configure it to use in full mode ?

Thanks

Configuration :
    Web Server:
    ----------------
    PHP version : 4.4.2
    MySQL version : I don’t know
    Operating System and version : Linux / unknown

Browser/Client:
    -----------------
    Browser name and version : Firefox 1.5.1, IE 6.0
    Operating System and version : Windows XP Pro SP2

Sorry for my english, I’m french undecided
      Sorry for my english. I'm french... My dictionary is near me, but it's only a dictionary !
      • 1 Posts
      If you are using the latest version 2.0.4 then it is already configure as "Full" mode. You can check in the "system configuration" scroll down to TinyMCE setting to verfiy that.
        • 711 Posts
        Thanks for your answer.
        With Firefox, it’s work now but I haven’t modified parameters : I have only verified parameters and save after.
        But with IE, TinyMCE don’t work. (That’s not a problem for me because I use Firefox more the share of time)
        See pictures.
        If you have a solution to make TinyMCE works with IE, I’m interested.

Thanks

Sorry for my english. I'm french... My dictionary is near me, but it's only a dictionary !
          • 1 Posts
          This is getting into the nitty gritty technical of TinyMCE which Jeff would be better person to provide the answer for querstion on this.
            • 1,131 Posts
            That’s odd. I just uploaded the latest version of the TinyMCE plugin (v2.0.4) on my server and tried it out in IE...works fine! Try flushing your temporary internet files and cookies, close down the browser, relaunch it and try again. More often than not, that generally works.

Another thing you can do is view the source of the editor frame when editing a document to see if the TinyMCE code is being parsed. I tried to view the source of the frame that the TinyMCE instance was on and couldn’t do it (stupid IE!!) so determining whether or not if the code is even being parsed in is a bit of a challenge since apparently IE has a problem viewing the source with frames. What you can do to work around this is open up the manager in Firefox, edit a page, and in the edit document frame right-click and choose This Frame -> Show Only This Frame. Then you can copy and paste the URL into IE and it’ll let you view the edit page and allow for viewing the source. Pretty simple! Once you’re sure that the TinyMCE code is being parsed, copy the lines towards the bottom of the source and paste them into a new reply using the Insert Code button. The lines for TinyMCE should look something like this in the source when it’s configured for the Full Featured them in the system configuration:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/assets/plugins/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
            <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
            	tinyMCE.init({
            		  theme : 'advanced',
            		  mode : "exact",
            		  relative_urls : false,
            		  elements : 'ta',

plugins : "table,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,insertdatetime,preview,flash,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,cleanup",
            		  theme_advanced_buttons1_add_before : "save,newdocument,separator",
            		  theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",
            		  theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,separator,forecolor,backcolor",
            		  theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before: "cut,copy,paste,separator,search,replace,separator",
            		  theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before: "tablecontrols,separator",
            		  theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "emotions,flash,advhr,separator,print,separator,ltr,rtl,separator,fullscreen",
            		  theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
            		  theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
            		  theme_advanced_path_location : "bottom",
            		  plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d",
            		  plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S",
            		  extended_valid_elements : "a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]",

cleanup_indent : true,
            		  onchange_callback : "tvOnTinyMCEChangeCallBack",
            		  resource_browser_path : "/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.html?Connector=/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php&ServerPath=/",
            		  file_browser_callback : "fileBrowserCallBack"
            	   });

function fileBrowserCallBack(field_name, url, type, win) {
            		// This is where you insert your custom filebrowser logic
            		var win=tinyMCE.getWindowArg("window");
            		win.BrowseServer(field_name);
            	}

function tvOnTinyMCEChangeCallBack(i){
            		  i.oldTargetElement.onchange();            
            	}
            </script>

Last resort would be to completely re-upload the plugin and re-run the install. Make sure you either complete remove the /assets/plugins/tinymce directory or that you completely overwrite all files when uploading the plugin...very important!

Other than a possible problem with the plugin not being parsed right due to a server issue, it should work just fine in IE. If it’s working in Firefox, I don’t see why it shouldn’t work in IE. Again, I might need to see the source code as it appears in IE. Let us know if any of these solutions work. smiley
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."