We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I am trying to install a new version of MODx and when I ctry to change the database name the browser crashes. I have made sure all files have the right permissions set. Please Help?

Web Server:
    ----------------
    PHP version php 4
    MySQL version MySQL 4.1.12
    Operating System and version

Browser/Client:
    -----------------
    Browser name and version
    Operating System and version mac os x 10.4 on both Safari v2 and firefox v 1.5.0.1
      • 2 Posts
      managed to get it working on Firefox but not safari
      • That’s a known issue that drives me crazy as I’m a diehard Mac guy. Interestingly, the latest nightly builds of Safari don’t crash, so I think it’s a bug in Safari.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 6 Posts
          I’m having the same troubles with safari version 2.0.3, 417.8. it crashes when I try to type in the database name during the installation process! any idea how to fix the problem without switching to firefox?
          • Not doable at this time. This should be fixed in 0.9.2. Incidentally, it does not crash in the latest nightly builds of Safari.
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 22 Posts
              I’ve just attempted to install .9.2 using Safari 2.0.3 and got the crash as well when I was trying to rename the database.

I switched to Firefox and the installation proceeded normally.

Michael
              • There’s a bug either in the install routine or Safari’s Webkit/Javascript Kit (or likely both).