We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 54 Posts
    Would it be possible for you to share the code you use for the "jump to" pull down navigation box? I was trying to reproduce it using the newslisting snippet, but I can’t figure out how to format child documents separately. I’d really like to avoid hard coding this if possible.

Thanks!
    • On the forums or elsewhere?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 54 Posts
        Yes, I was referring to the "Jump To" pull down navigation on the bottom right of the forums. Is there a way to do this easily with a Snippet? I’d like to be able to go down a level or two in the folder structure and have the navigation reflect that as you did here with the "==>" and "===>".

Was this done with a snippet or just hard coded?
        • Quote from: luke.stokes at Mar 01, 2006, 04:33 PM

Was this done with a snippet or just hard coded?
          I’m guessing that this is part of SMF rather than MODx generated - somebody correct me if I’m wrong wink

However, I don’t see any reasons why a snippet couldn’t do this type of output - perhaps DropMenu might be a better start point than the NewsListing? I think DropMenu has a lot of the parameters you’d need.

Cheers, Garry
            Garry Nutting
            Senior Developer
            MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
            Twitter: @garryn
            Web: modx.com
          • That’s definitely part of SMF.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 54 Posts
              Thanks guys, I’ll take a swing at it.

I’ll probably just need to use a modified DropMenu so that it doesn’t output ULs and LIs. Ideally I could just take those out and use the $pre and $post to be my <option> tags... If I get something working I’ll post it to the repository.