We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 203 Posts
    Hi,

I want some section of my website to be powered with AJAX (not for the effects, but to refresh the page’s content). On the MODx’s front page, it says that there its already integrated in the CMS, but I’m unable to find any informations about that... Anyone can point a direction for me?? Thanks!

Blaise

P.S.: Also, before the version 0.9.1, there was OpenRico included with MODx... ow you only speak about scriptaculous.... is OpenRico still there?? thare are some features that are interesting (such as the accordion tabs, etc.)
      Blaise Bernier

www.medialdesign.com - Solutions for small business, hosting, design and more!
    • You can add any JS libraries you want with ease. I don’t reall Openrico ever being distributed as part of the base package though... hmmm?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 203 Posts
        I recall seeing it on the front page of the website (never used it)... you thanked the guys at Scriptaculo.us and Open Rico for sharing their ajax librarieswith you, or someth9ing like this... anyway : www.openrico.org

They have a lot of really nice effects smiley

bye,

Blaise

P.S.: And about an AJAX website... is there an easy way to retrieve DB content from within modx ??
          Blaise Bernier

• 1,495 Posts
          Use DB API provided by MODx, but it’s still a primitive mysql encapsulation. If you know PHP, you can start working on that. Check documentation for MODx API

Sincerely,
            Wendy Novianto
            [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
            [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • Quote from: grunt_lord at Feb 28, 2006, 05:57 PM

P.S.: And about an AJAX website... is there an easy way to retrieve DB content from within modx ??

grunt_lord, we’ve been evaluating several options in making the API accessible from the JS layer so you can get JS result sets back from AJAX calls to the CMS

SAJAX -- http://www.modernmethod.com/sajax/
            Toxic -- http://www.dotvoid.com/view.php?id=40

and there are probably others, though we haven’t done anything as far as adopting an official approach with either one at this point. If you come up with something, feel free to contribute it. But rest assured providing a standard AJAX method of accessing the MODx API is definitely on the roadmap.
              • 203 Posts
              Thanks a lot! Wich one do you suggest me the most? Toxic seems to be quite easy, but also less advanced and less supported than SAJAX... Am I right ?
                Blaise Bernier

• 1,495 Posts
                What do you guys think about this?
                http://ajax.zervaas.com.au/
                  Wendy Novianto
                  [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                  [font=Verdana]Xituz Media