We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 203 Posts
    Since my last post, I experimented with the TVs, and I got some results. I used a @inerith binding and everything works well! The only thing is that I also want to have a value at the first level of the tree. I created a string TV called [*test*] with "@inherit" as its default value. If I change the value in a directory of my website, then, all the children get that value. But how can I set my default value so the documents at the root of the tree will get some value too ?

Also, if i want to be the only one (the admin) to set the values of the TVs on each page... is it possible ? I’m buiding a website and I want to set each subdirectory a different value, but I dont want the users to mess that... how can I do that ??

thanks in advance!

Blaise Bernier
      Blaise Bernier

www.medialdesign.com - Solutions for small business, hosting, design and more!
      • 2,204 Posts
      It is posible to block others from editing the tv’s just create a docgroup and user tveditor (or any other name) next to the docgroup u made for the normal editors. now select that docgroup for the tv’s that you don’t want the others to edit in the TV editing window below the widget options. there should be a list of docgroups that you can select. as admin you can alway change tv’s so that tveditor docgroup wil just be a dummygroup.
        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
        • 203 Posts
        Thanks a lot! For the @inerith thing, i found how to fix my bug in the doc smiley
          Blaise Bernier

www.medialdesign.com - Solutions for small business, hosting, design and more!