We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 51 Posts
    I’m still working my way through my first MODx site, so maybe I’m overlooking something fundamental, but when I deploy FlexSearch and put in test searches, I can reliably find words that appear in page titles.

But, words that appear in page content (stored in a TV) don’t show up.

For example, right now I have something like, "Here’s some body text" on each page to show where content will go. It’s displayed through a TV.

If I put the word "body" into a search, I zero results (though it appears in the content of every page.) But, if I put the word "product" in the search, it shows me the "Product" page.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks for your help,
    Duane

I keep clarifying in hopes this will help some other lost MODx-er who finds it in search. I have more or less determined that using custom TVs (i.e., mainText) to hold my page content is not a good idea. The search looks into the default [*content*] TV just fine. So, it’s best to just follow the default approach and not be creating new, custom ones for page content.
      • 3,250 Posts
      FlexSearchForm does not currently search in TV’s. This is a know issue and has been in the bugtracker for some time here:

http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/15?tasks=all

If this is a high priority for you, please create an account in the bugtracker and vote for that task.

Thanks!
      • I can’t recall who off the top of my head, but there is a modification to support flexsearch in TVs floating around on the forums too.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 51 Posts
          Thanks Mark and Ryan!

I did try the modified snippet and ran into problems (of my doing, I’m sure, lol). But overall, I think just keeping my page content in a [*content*] tv is fine.

I’ll reiterate, though, what I’ve said before: MODx is an amazing CMS. It has simply *done* 99% of what I wanted to do, without a lot of headaches.

Duane
            • 29 Posts
            Quote from: Duane at Feb 27, 2006, 03:57 PM

Thanks Mark and Ryan!

I did try the modified snippet and ran into problems (of my doing, I’m sure, lol). But overall, I think just keeping my page content in a [*content*] tv is fine.

I’ll reiterate, though, what I’ve said before: MODx is an amazing CMS. It has simply *done* 99% of what I wanted to do, without a lot of headaches.

Duane

hi i was wondering if you resolved the FlexSearch problem....

Cheers,
            WhiteHat