We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    This is an App killer guys.

My Client has a Gatekeeper philosophy where users create content and edit content that is not published until a "Gatekeeper" reviews documents and publishes them.

The users who have "Save" unchecked in their Role profile can not edit an unpublished document. Ergo, they can only create not redact.

The second MAJOR issue here is that if you do not have "save" checked in your user profile you can NOT have the FCKE in quick editor windows.
    This is a massive downer for the users who need a WYSIWYG type real time editor and the click quick edit and can only plain text.

But, the publish/save issue is huge. I have to grant about 350 users access to publish willy nilly until I figure this out. Because, if an unpublished document needs changed before it can be published the user without save can not edit. Even an unpublished doc.

groan....
    head banging on desk...
    embarrassed in front of client...

Ah well...
    • MODx is not quite up to snuff for power publishing workflows. But it’s absolutely on the radar. Sorry for the confusion. sad
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me