We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hey everyone, I’m a newbie here, converting over from ComDev CMS. Anyway I couldn’t find a thread with my particular problem. I’m trying to install MODx onto a clients site, the MySQl Setup went up without a hitch and for the most part the permissions check worked out as well except for the 2nd line:

Checking if sessions are properly configured: Failed!

everything else checks out as being OK!

Any ideas?

Thanks for any input, I can’t wait to test this app out!

By the way does anyone have a site up that uses the MODx backend, but not the templates? Reason I ask is I’ve designed a site for a Model out of Dallas (www.veesanders.com) that I was originally going to use ComDev on as the backend, but I currently use ComDev on this site (www.divamusicbox.com) which worked out great, but the software has some limitations that have forced me to consider other options for these 2 sites and any others that follow. From what I’ve been told so far is that I can simply drop-in the MODx includes where ever I need a module to be and then be able to manage it on the backend. So I would really love to someone who’s done a custom designed site and uses MODx to server certain areas of their site. Thanks again guys smiley

Osiris
    • Most sites do not use the MODx templates.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 3 Posts
        cool, but I’m still having trouble getting the installation done... this is the screen I get right after the database config page:

Setup has carried out a number of checks to see if everything’s ready to start the setup.

Checking PHP version: OK!

Checking if sessions are properly configured: Failed!

Checking if assets/cache directory exists: OK!

Checking if assets/cache directory is writable: OK!

Checking if assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php file is writable: OK!

Checking if assets/cache/sitePublishing.idx.php file is writable: OK!

Checking if assets/images directory exists: OK!

Checking if assets/images directory is writable: OK!

Checking if assets/export directory exists: OK!

Checking if assets/export directory is writable: OK!

Checking if manager/includes/config.inc.php is writable: OK!

Creating connection to the database: OK!

Checking table prefix `modx_`: OK!
          • 3 Posts
          Never mind I figured it out, there was a problem with my browser refreshing, so it didn’t know I had created the database, weird anyway it’s done. By the way I didn’t notice a plugin or snippet for running a polls, does one exist? also is there a forum include for MODx as well?
          • Yes on polls (might still be in development) and soon to be yes on forums (in final testing): http://modxcms.com/repository.html
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me