We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 333 Posts
    Quote from: Djamoer at Feb 23, 2006, 02:37 PM

Cannot we do this using a web user? I mean we can have one public web user account and assign it to a web group. All the protected pages can be assigned to a specific doc group, and this doc group will be assigned to the web group. That’s all right? Basically the page will be hidden from the world out there. If they want to access it, they can use the publi web user account or register a new account that will automatically sign them up to the right web group.

Am I thinking on a different problem/question?
    Thanks Sottwell and Mark, I think that it is the fastest way
    I’ll create a "public" user and I’ll assign the user to a webgroup and the group to a doc group, so users not registered will use the public user for see "special" protected page, and user regsitered will do the logout and the will login whit the public user.
      Sorry for my bad English grin
      • 680 Posts
      Quote from: Djamoer at Feb 23, 2006, 02:37 PM

Cannot we do this using a web user? I mean we can have one public web user account and assign it to a web group. All the protected pages can be assigned to a specific doc group, and this doc group will be assigned to the web group. That’s all right? Basically the page will be hidden from the world out there. If they want to access it, they can use the publi web user account or register a new account that will automatically sign them up to the right web group.

Am I thinking on a different problem/question?

This would work fine if you were to hard-wire the username into a hidden field in the form or just let the users know what username they need.

The one problem I can see is blocking. You don’t want someone to put in the wrong password a few times and block everybody out. You should be able to write a plugin that would keep that one account permanently unblocked. And of course you’d have to make sure that change password was disabled.
        • 333 Posts
        Now, I’m thinking that the sotwell idea is more elegant... but someone have to write the plugin smiley
          Sorry for my bad English grin
          • 1,495 Posts
          I think this thing is not hardwired into the API system. Take an example from web login snippet, and remove the hard coded increment of the failed frequency to avoid blocking the current public user.

Will that work you think?
            Wendy Novianto
            [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
            [font=Verdana]Xituz Media