We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 23 Posts
    Hello eForm gurus

My [+validationmessage+] placeholder within my form template chunk is only replaced by the general ’ef_validation_message’ string from the language file. No extra information is added although it should also display the ’ef_invalid_email’ for example.

The form works smoothly for the rest.

Example field definition in the form template chunk:
    <label for="email">E-mail</label>
    <input type="text" name="email" id="email" eform="E-mail:email:1" />

Any ideas?

Suggestions are very welcome!

Many thnaks
    Gino
      • 1,010 Posts
      What version of eForm are you running? and what language? Sounds like you are using an old language file with a newer version of eForm. Check that the validation message from the language file looks something like this:

<?php
      $_lang["ef_validation_message"] = "<div class=\"errors\"><strong>Some errors were detected in your form:</strong><br />[+ef_wrapper+]</div>"; //changed
      ?>

In version 1.4.3 this message has changed and contains the [+ef_wrapper+] placeholder which is populated with the error messages. This was done to make it easier to use the [+validationmessage+] placeholder anywhere on the page, outside the form chunk.
        • 23 Posts
        TobyL

That is indeed the problem. I upgraded to 1.4.3 but did not overwrite the language files.

Many tnx!
        Gino