We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    Hi all. I’m making a website at the moment where on two pages I’ve got an eForm as a contact form, but I’d also like to have a "Send to a Friend" form on every page. First problem: Each eForm has its own validationmessage placeholder, and when there’s an error in one eForm it sometimes outputs that error in the incorrect placeholder. I think this is because the error message is dumped in the first validationmessage placeholder in the code. Also, submitting the one form (eg the Send To A Friend form) causes the other form to throw back a "you didn’t fill out all the required fields" message. One solution is to replace the Send To A Friend form with a popup link (which I will do until a better solution becomes available), but I’d rather just have the form there on the page. Is this dodginess with multiple eForms per page a known problem?

Secondly, a question. With this "Send To A Friend" form I’d really like to be able to send to multiple email addresses entered by the user. At the moment I’ve got five input boxes (which are all validated as correct email addresses, but only the first email address is required), and I’d like to be able to send the "report" snippet to all the email addresses entered in these input boxes. Alternatively, I’d like the report sent to all email addresses in a comma-delimited textarea of email addresses. Are either of these possible? I know the sendirect option allows for the report to be sent to *one* email address entered by the user, but I don’t know about multiple addresses.

Thanks!
      • 1,010 Posts
      In answer to your first question. If you use eForm 1.4.2 you can add the validationmessage placeholder anywhere in your document (or even in your page template if you wish). This means you only have to have one validationmessage placeholder for all forms on the page. If you do want to use separate placeholders make sure you have a unique formid for each form.

As for your second question have a look at this topic