We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    I seem to be fighting with Evolution 1.0 every step of the way to get Plugins to work properly.

I just need clarification what MODx versions I should be developing a new client site with.

ie.

1. What Version of eForm should I be using?

2. Weblogin vs WebLoginPE ??

Many Plugins state they are either for 9.6 or new revolution? Where are the Evolution 1.0 plugins? Is the Plugin Info in Extension updated to current staus?

Thanks...
    • Hello,

The current version is 1.0.1 (Evolution) which is what I would recommend for developing new websites. It includes most of the common snippets such as eform, tinymce, etc. You shouldn’t need to use the ones from the extras area.

As for weblogin vs webloginpe the question is what you need the login system to do. The first is rather basic login/out the second is more advanced and includes profile editing and such.

As a general rule of thumb any 0.9.6.x extras work with 1.0.0/1.0.1. Evolution 1.0.x is basically 0.9.6.4.

AMDbuilder
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 11 Posts
        As a general rule of thumb any 0.9.6.x extras work with 1.0.0/1.0.1. Evolution 1.0.x is basically 0.9.6.4.

Thanks, that does help. I have been avoiding 9.6 modules and have found myself scratching my head what to do until Revolution is stable.
          • 964 Posts
          If you find a snippet and you are not sure if it will work with Evo the
          best thing is to ask on its own support thread...
            MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner