We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I don’t think this can be done without rewriting parts of the snippet, but in case I’ve missed something, I guess it’s worth asking.

I have several form select fields (drop downs) on an eForm. I know that with the &mailselector and &to parameters, I can make ONE of those drop-downs select from and send to a predefined list of e-mail addresses. However, I would like to be able to use this functionality with multiple drop-downs (i.e, one drop-down would work with one set of "&to addresses, another drop-down would work with another set, etc.).

Any suggestions?
      • 15 Posts
      How comfortable with PHP are you? Because

I’ve done it with checkboxes, but never multiple dropdowns. I had to hack eform to do even that -- you’d definitely have to do some php fun in the eform files, but it could probably be done. Or better yet, you could use the &eFormOnBeforeMailSent parameter to call a function that grabs the info and figures out how to populate the "to" parameter.

Check out http://svn.modxcms.com/crucible/browse/~raw,r=9/modx-components/eform/docs/eform_example_events.htm for more info; if you need help with the php functions, let me know and we can figure it out.
      • I’m fairly comfortable in PHP, but this level of hacking might be above my pay grade. I am building a very basic web-based workflow app for a job application process using eform and eform2db, and this would really be icing on the cake, although it’s not an absolute necessity. I may give it a shot, but it might also just have to not happen, as my deadline is looming. I’ll let you know if I decide to tackle it (and vice versa if you come up with anything).