We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I just discovered that my eForm forms does not send mail to all mail addresses, eg Hotmail, anymore. It looks ok - no error messages, but no e-mail is being sent.

It still does send mail to some addresses (i only need to change the &to parameter) - but not to those I want to send to. According to my IPS this could be because of some anti-spam something used by e-mail providers. It that likely? Anyway - it’s a disaster sad. Are unsendt form data stored anywhere?

Are there any examples of how to configure eForm to use SMTP?
      • 177 Posts
      On the face of it it sounds like it may be a hotmail problem, in which case the domain might be important - is it on a blacklist?

Try www.dnsstuff.com as a first step

Next, have you put a spammy subject or worse still are your forms being spammed which might trigger a filter?

Feedback the results and I am sure those with more insight than me will help!
        • 6 Posts
        Good grief. It’s blacklisted big time - on three lists and with four DNS Report warnings.

It’s a small site - set up mostly to allow people to register for seminars - usually about 100 registrations every 6 months. The mail from eForm is sent to two e-mail addresses. These addresses - and the From address - are not addresses from the domain. I use the eForm captcha.

The site is on a shared server, and my ISP is blacklisted too - on one list and with two DNS Report warnings. I only know about one other domain who hosts with this ISP, that domain (certainly not run by crooks) is on two blacklists.

Any advice or insight into this mess is much appreciated!

• Sounds like it’s time to change hosts unfortunately. If your ISP is blacklisted, most likely all their IP addresses will be as well.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 76 Posts
            Did the blacklist show your domain name, or just your server IP address? It may be that someone else on your shared server has been spamming (which may or may not be deliberate). If you have a good host, they might be able to negotiate having the ban lifted. Some bans are only temporary anyway.

eForm has event parameters, eg you can call a custom PHP function before or after it sends an email; maybe you could use this to save the info somewhere.
              • 6 Posts
              Thanks for taking the time to answer!

I guess it’s time to change host. Yes. It’s very cheap, but apparently there are 339 sites on this server and support is standard "Everything is perfect here" messages only smiley

I could only search for domain names on www.dnsstuff.com. Anyway I could not find any ip address for the site on www.iptools.com. All related ip addresses points to the ISP. I guess site on a shared server does not need an ip address?