We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I need to create a form that will allow users to enter data about events they are offering. In a nutshell, the form should:

1. Check to see if user is logged in (if not, direct to log in; if so, direct to 2).
    2. Provide a form that supplies the user’s organization’s name, city, and state and then includes fields to gather the event data. The form should check that all fields are filled in and, if so, submit the data and ask the user if they want to add another event. If yes, it should circle back to a blank form and repeat; if no, it should go to a thank-you page.
    3. Users should be able to view/update/delete events through a link provided in their profile.

I’m at a loss at the moment. It seems like there are a few snippets out there that would help with this, such as UserPlaceholders, eForm, and eForm2db, but I’m not sure how to put them all together and have the new data linked to the user account. I’m guessing I’ll have to cobble something together with a new snippet, but I’m new to creating them as well as to using PHP and MySQL, so I would really appreciate any help anyone can provide me. Any thoughts on how to create this?

BTW, I’m using WebloginPE, and have already updated it to include the new user information (organization name, city, state) that this will require.