We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 27 Posts
    Long story short, i need to parse the email fields in a form and based on user input, validate and send them.

I’m building a "wishlist" email form where the intended recipients are those that are filled out in the "senders form" or form that the customer is filling out.

Somehow I need to pass in the email addresses AFTER the form has submitted.

Right now, instead of replacing these fields with real email addresses, it tries to send them to [+requestEmail2+], [+requestEmail3+], etc...

How do I make it so it parses those variable holders so it actually sends to a real email address?

controller...
    [[eForm?
    &subject=`Your friend sent you their wishlist!`
    &formid=`wishListSendersForm`
    &ccsender=`1`
    &to=`[+requestEmail1+]`
    &bcc=`[+requestEmail2+],[+requestEmail3+],[+requestEmail4+],[+requestEmail5+]`
    &autosender=`[email protected]`
    &tpl=`WISHLIST_sendersform`
    &report=`WISHLIST_recipients_receivers_form`
    &gotoid=`196`
    &sendAsHtml
    !]]

tpl or "WISHLIST_sendersform" template: (Not the whole thing, just the pertinent part)

<table><tr>
    <td><span class=’t10’><b>Name</b></span></td><td><span class=’t10’><b>Email</b></span></td>
    </tr><tr>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestName1" class="input" value=""></td>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestEmail1" class="input" value="" size="35"></td>
    </tr><tr>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestName2" class="input" value=""></td>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestEmail2" class="input" value="" size="35"></td>
    </tr><tr>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestName3" class="input" value=""></td>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestEmail3" class="input" value="" size="35"></td>
    </tr><tr>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestName4" class="input" value=""></td>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestEmail4" class="input" value="" size="35"></td>
    </tr><tr>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestName5" class="input" value=""></td>
    <td><input type="text" name="requestEmail5" class="input" value="" size="35"></td>
    </tr>
    </table>