We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 39 Posts
    Hi,

I was wondering how hard it would it to be include a time stamp, IP address and user agent in an email sent using eform?

Thanks
      • 1,611 Posts
      Here is the eForm event function that I use to do this:
      <?php
      function addUserInfo(&$fields){

/* Runs on eFormOnBeforeMailSent event 
       * Called before the message is sent. This function is called regardless of whether &noemail is set */

if(isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_HOST'])) $fromhost=$_SERVER['REMOTE_HOST'].' ('.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].')';
      else $fromhost=gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']).' ('.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].')';
      $userInfo='<p>
      Using: '.$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'].'
      </p>';
      $fields['userInfo']=$userInfo;

}

return '';
      ?>

I don’t include a timestamp because the email itself has one, but you could easily do that if you like.

Save this code as a snippet and call it on your form page before the eForm snippet call. In your eForm snippet call add &eFormOnBeforeMailSent=`addUserInfo`. And make sure that you have the [+userInfo+] placeholder at the end of your email template.

eForm event functions are the bomb!
        "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
        • 39 Posts
        Excellent, thanks very much!