We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’ve been running Evo 1.0.3 on 4 sites without problem when all of a sudden I am unable to access the images in the MCPUK browser. I have upgraded one of the sites to 1.0.5 but the problem persists. The files paths have been set and checked against the phpInfo()and are all correct, however, everytime I try to access my images I get a 404 error page in the browers instead of my images. I’ve spent several hours trawling the forum trying to find a resolution and have tried some of the suggestions - without joy.

The following appears in the browser path but nothing more than a 404 error page in the window.

http://www.mywebsite.co.uk/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.php?Connector=/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php&ServerPath=/&editor=tinymce&editorpath=/assets/plugins/tinymce/&type=images

I have tried changing file permissions but to avail, can anyone else suggest a solution? huh

The other alternative would be to move the 3 smaller sites into Revolution, but there is a much bigger site which I would prefer not to have to change over at the moment.

I am checking to see whether the hosting company has made any security changes, but it seems very odd that I can access my images in my Revo sites all of which are hosted with the same company but not in the Evo sites.

I would be grateful for anyone’s help. smiley
      Helen Warner
      Number one pixel!
      Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
    • After much trawling around I finally contacted by hosting company about something else and mentioned the problem I was having with MCPUK browser and they reported back that they have disabled the use of the FCKeditor tool because of security problems due to a possible vunerability with this software!

So now I shall have to give the KCFinder a go for the bigger site that I’m not keen to move - and simply move the other 3 sites over to Revolution.

It’s just yet another conundrum to fix.... cool
        Helen Warner
        Number one pixel!
        Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel