We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi,

It seems that my resources browser has a problem, or at least I have a problem smiley

I’m new to modx but I managed until now to install/use it without problems. Recently I had to do a fresh install on a new webserver. Everything works fine, but if I try to edit a page and insert an image or a link, when I hit the browse button my resource browser shows screwed up like in the attached printscreen. It shows the html content of "manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.php" instead of the results upon running this file.

I’ve searched this forum up and down, but could not find a solution for this.

I have to mention also that if I install and use FCKeditor RTE, in the main content area where I should post my info I get the same html stuff.

I guess this has to do with the server configuration, but I really need a hint on this smiley

This situation happens with modx 0.9.6.3 and 1.0.2.
    The server is on Apache/1.3.37 _ Linux 2.6.30.5 _ PHP Version 4.4.4

At this moment I’m stuck on this. I just play my cards on the community smiley

Regards,

• Sounds like the problem is with your web server: PHP isn’t parsing the FCKeditor file. I’d ask your host about this. To test it, you might try putting some basic "hello world" type php files into your manager directory and make sure that PHP executes.
        • 3 Posts
        Hi there,

Sorry for this late status.

Thank you Everett for your response. I’ve tested with a test php file and it executes ok.

Finally I changed the host server. I could not find a reliable solution for this problem.

It seems that the issue is triggered by having some comment fields before DOCTYPE declaration or before <html> tag in all FCKEditor plugin html files (assets/plugins/fckeditor264/editor/) and file browser html files (manager/media/browser/mcpuk/).

If I delete these comments it seems to be working. My web hosting support team says that putting objects before <html> tag and DOCTYPE declaration is not W3C Standard compliant.
        After testing on 2 different servers that work just fine, my guess is that the solution is somehow related with the server configuration, but this is beyond my reach in this case.

I considered that this information could be useful if someone else gets into this problem.

Regards,