We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Hi everybody,
    When I use TinyMCE as the editor for my site, it isn’t possible to insert pictures in the MCPUK file browser.
    I can upload, but when I click the picture, nothing happens...

If I use FCKEditor, there is no problems...

It is probably something with permissions, but I can’t figure it out...

edit:
    MODx 0.9.6.3
    Linux
    Apache
    MySQL
    • Double check that you’ve entered a full path for the file base path:

In the manager, navigate here:
      Tools -> Configuration -> Interface & Features

Update this:
      File base path: /home/user/path/to/doc/root/public_html/assets/

Often this defaults to simply "assets/" which WILL NOT work on some servers.
        • 50 Posts
        Hi,

I also have the same problem, can’t insert image to directory/subdirectory. Using Modx 1.0.2, TinyMCE 3241, Mcpuk. I have change the file base path (Tools -> Configuration -> Interface & Features), but still didn’t work. at Anytips ?

Thanks.
        - pedma -
        • Have you checked your permissions on the web server?
            • 50 Posts
            Quote from: Everett at Dec 17, 2009, 08:39 PM

Have you checked your permissions on the web server?

Hi Everett,

Happy New year 2010. Thanks for your reply ... The directory & files permission is ok, even I have changed it to ’nobody:nobody’ (the user of Apache running), from the root path (in Linux, I did this ):

cd /home/pedma/public_html
            chown -R nobody:nobody *

It still won’t work ...

Thanks.
            - pedma -
            • You should verify permissions in addition to the file owners. If nobody is the owner, what permissions are set for the files?
                • 50 Posts
                Quote from: Everett at Jan 16, 2010, 02:36 PM

You should verify permissions in addition to the file owners. If nobody is the owner, what permissions are set for the files?

Hi Everett,

Sorry for late reply. Even I have change the permission to 777 (rwxrwxrwx), and the owner of the directory to the apache daemon user (nobody:nobdy) .. it still didn’t work ... sad

Thanks.
                - pedma -
                • The thread may have gone cold here... but I’ve run into this type of thing before and it’s crazy frustrating. If you can, it might be useful to try this on a different server to see if that changes anything.
                    • 16 Posts
                    Yes the thread has gone cold.
                    The problem for me is not present in the latest versions of MODx.
                      • 33 Posts
                      I was having a similar problem. Out of desperation, I did an upgrade reinstall (even though this was a week-old ModX installation of the latest version.) Worked like a charm.