We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Hi guys,
    I’m having problem with image browser, specially in IE7. I’ve got message says "sorry, but we have noticed that your popup-blocker has disabled a window that provides application functionality. You will need to disable popup blocking on this site in order to fully utilize this tool." even if have my popup blocker turned off. can some help me with this annoying error. thanks in advance.
      • 24,544 Posts
      By default, Internet Explorer displays pop-ups that appear as a result of you clicking a link or button. Pop-up Blocker blocks pop-ups that are displayed automatically (without you clicking a link or button). If you want to allow a specific website to display automatic pop-ups, follow these steps:

Click to open Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, click Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.

In the Address of website to allow box, type the address (or URL) of the website you want to see pop-ups from, and then click Add.

Repeat step 3 for every website you want to allow pop-ups from. When you are finished adding websites, click Close.

BTW, I found this by clicking on "help" in IE7 and typing popups in the search box, then clicking on "how do I allow popups for a specific site?"
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 16 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Feb 11, 2009, 07:02 AM

By default, Internet Explorer displays pop-ups that appear as a result of you clicking a link or button. Pop-up Blocker blocks pop-ups that are displayed automatically (without you clicking a link or button). If you want to allow a specific website to display automatic pop-ups, follow these steps:

Click to open Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, click Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.

In the Address of website to allow box, type the address (or URL) of the website you want to see pop-ups from, and then click Add.

Repeat step 3 for every website you want to allow pop-ups from. When you are finished adding websites, click Close.

BTW, I found this by clicking on "help" in IE7 and typing popups in the search box, then clicking on "how do I allow popups for a specific site?"

Hi, thanks for the response, but after i allowed the site,by add the URL, that message still shows up, same thing happen if i turn the popup blocker off. and this only happen in IE7.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Try clearing your browser cache and cookies and the MODx site cache. Check if you have any other popup blockers (google toolbar, other toolbars, ad-aware, OS-popup blockers, etc.) If that doesn’t work, I’m out of ideas.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 147 Posts
            Holding down "Ctrl" key while clicking also helps.