We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 245 Posts
    I notice this on a 0.9.6.1 install, but I have a feeling it is a bigger issue. I actually went to modxcms.com/bugs/ to do a report, but I couldn’t manage to log in??

Anyway, here is the issue:

I have content editors who are uploading images to the assets/images/ directory via the MCPuck filebrowser in TinyMCE (various version of TinyMCE). Anytime an image is uploaded where the name of the image is in Hebrew, then the resource browser view becomes blank, and I can’t browse the /images/ resources any more, until I actually delete the file with the Hebrew name from the server.

It is like the uploading of a file with non-latin characters breaks the script that displays the resources in the resource browser.

I would like to issue this as a bug report if someone could direct me to do that. I’d also like to know if this is version (0.9.6.1) specific; I plan on upgrading this website to 0.9.6.3 shortly.

thanks.
      • 245 Posts
      anyone noticed this, or know how I can make a bug report?
        • 245 Posts
        Quote from: towerofbabel at Feb 02, 2009, 03:55 PM

I notice this on a 0.9.6.1 install, but I have a feeling it is a bigger issue. I actually went to modxcms.com/bugs/ to do a report, but I couldn’t manage to log in??

Anyway, here is the issue:

I have content editors who are uploading images to the assets/images/ directory via the MCPuck filebrowser in TinyMCE (various version of TinyMCE). Anytime an image is uploaded where the name of the image is in Hebrew, then the resource browser view becomes blank, and I can’t browse the /images/ resources any more, until I actually delete the file with the Hebrew name from the server.

It is like the uploading of a file with non-latin characters breaks the script that displays the resources in the resource browser.

I would like to issue this as a bug report if someone could direct me to do that. I’d also like to know if this is version (0.9.6.1) specific; I plan on upgrading this website to 0.9.6.3 shortly.

thanks.

Has anyone come across a similar problem, or, can anyone please put me to the correct place to file a bug report?

Thanks.
          • 145 Posts
          hi towerofbabel

the same problem happens when my clients try to upload files with german umlaute smiley

on line 62 and 63 of /manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/FileUpload.php
          i found this line:

// 		if (isset($_FILES['NewFile'])&&isset($_FILES['NewFile']['name'])&&($_FILES['NewFile']['name']!=""))
          // 			$_FILES['NewFile']['name']=$_FILES['NewFile']['name']; //$this->cleanFilename($_FILES['NewFile']['name']);

change to

if (isset($_FILES['NewFile'])&&isset($_FILES['NewFile']['name'])&&($_FILES['NewFile']['name']!=""))
           			$_FILES['NewFile']['name'] = $this->cleanFilename($_FILES['NewFile']['name']);

then it will strip all that funky caracters.. but not sure what happens if the resulting filename would overwrite an existin file. :/

anyway.

cheers
            • 24,544 Posts
            Quote from: towerofbabel at Feb 03, 2009, 05:33 AM

Sorry, I guess your messages fell through the cracks. I didn’t see any of them until today.

http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/ is the place to file bugs.
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 245 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at Feb 18, 2009, 07:55 PM

Quote from: towerofbabel at Feb 03, 2009, 05:33 AM

Sorry, I guess your messages fell through the cracks. I didn’t see any of them until today.

http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/ is the place to file bugs.

So what is this then: modxcms.com/bugs/ ? Perhaps you guys should 301 redirect it to http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/ .

I actually saw http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/ as well, but from where I saw it mentioned (in a thread by rthrash if I recall correctly) it seems that this was for the MODx revolution project.

I’d like to be able to help my favorite CMS by reporting bugs guys, but you have to make it much more clear how to do that.
              • As Bob said, please use http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/

The old bugtracker is still up simply as a reference for the developer team, and not for much longer.
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 245 Posts
                  Quote from: eerne at Feb 18, 2009, 03:21 PM

hi towerofbabel

the same problem happens when my clients try to upload files with german umlaute smiley

on line 62 and 63 of /manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/FileUpload.php
                  i found this line:

// 		if (isset($_FILES['NewFile'])&&isset($_FILES['NewFile']['name'])&&($_FILES['NewFile']['name']!=""))
                  // 			$_FILES['NewFile']['name']=$_FILES['NewFile']['name']; //$this->cleanFilename($_FILES['NewFile']['name']);

change to

if (isset($_FILES['NewFile'])&&isset($_FILES['NewFile']['name'])&&($_FILES['NewFile']['name']!=""))
                   			$_FILES['NewFile']['name'] = $this->cleanFilename($_FILES['NewFile']['name']);

then it will strip all that funky caracters.. but not sure what happens if the resulting filename would overwrite an existin file. :/

anyway.

cheers

thanks, I’ll try that and see how it works with the hebrew files.