We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    hello.

I’ve problem with file browser. both in TinyMCE & FCK. I click insert image, go browser and don’t get any files. - look at picture

same thing in firefox & opera (except no errors are given).
    files are in fact uploaded correctly, just don’t displayed.

site hosting is windows/iis. all permissions are given (IUSR_computername) at /assets/images
    base_url and base_path are correct.
    when I use Resources->File Manager I see all files (pictures) in /assets/images.
    there are no "special" characters in filenames, just plain ascii.

pls help.
      • 22 Posts
      Hi, I had the same problem. I uploaded a file with accent like é (é) è (&eagrave;) ....

The file is on the server but it’s not displayed by the editor.

I deleted the file and the probleme is solved.
        • 5 Posts
        similar problem: (comments copied in from a fresh thread - I hadn’t seen this one)

Environment:
        modx 9.6.3
        default mcpuck and tinymce / fckeditor
        IIS probably 6.0 but unknown for sure.
        Windows OS, unknown which for sure, likely 2003 (phpinfo reports NT)

Resources >> Manage Files works fine = I can view, edit, delete, upload to whatever extent desired.
        HTMLEditor > insert image > browse = problems.
        1. no content: no files, no folders listed (I know content is there; FTP shows it, Resource File Manager shows it, linked images work.)
        2. uploading attempt yields "Invalid XML Response from connector"
        3. javascript error: "oNode is null" for frmfolders.html line 159, "var sCurrentFolderPath = oNode.attributes.getNamedItem(’path’).value;"

I know my File Manager Path, Resource Path, and Resource URL and permissions are fine because the Resource File Manager works fine.
        (The only difference between Resource Path and File Manager Path is the addition of "assets/" to the Resource Path. Which also happens to be the Resource URL.)

There isn’t anything wrong with the settings on my user profile. I’ve set them explicitly the same as the system just to be sure but no improvement.

I have the exact same install on a VM Box of Ubuntu 8.10 (desktop) using apache2, no problems there. No obvious significant differences appear in the URL of the tinymce/fckeditor file browser between the VM box install and the windows install I’m currently working with.

I’ve tried tracing the javascript functions and references but haven’t seemed to get anywhere. I’m not sure which script is pulling the folder list. I didn’t notice a reference to a php script in the fckxml.js file, though as I think about it I’ll look again.

Most of the threads I’ve read (including the one just older than this one) seem to be utilizing a Linux environment rather than Windows/IIS.
        I found http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,13450.0.html but wasn’t sure if it should be tried since it’s nearly a year old.
        I found http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,22480.0.html but it’s 1.5 years old, and it was mentioned that it would be added to "main build".

I don’t want to just ’shotgun’ fixes at this problem. On another issue relating to the eForm snippet, there was an IIS specific issue that needed to be fixed via a code patch to a key php file. I wasn’t sure if this might need something similar. I also wasn’t sure where to try first as I’ve gotten to the point where I’m just spinning my wheels rather than moving in any kind of a direction. Thus, if anyone has a tip on where to start first in light of any new information and in light of this being more of a "viewing content" issue rather than problems "uploading specific file types", I’d be very grateful.

Thanks, RC

• 5 Posts
          I think I’ve tracked down the problem to the xml response from GetFolders.php.

On a linux/apache2 virtual machine the xml output is:
          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
          <Connector command="GetFolders" resourceType="images">
               <CurrentFolder path="/" url="/images/" />
               <Folders>
               </Folders>
          </Connector>

however, from the IIS server the output is:
               <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
          <Connector command="GetFolders" resourceType="images">
               <CurrentFolder path="/" url="/images/" />
               <Folders>
               </Folders>
          </Connector>

In Firefox (firebug) it shows the output as above. However in the script debugger in IE, it show the xml output as NULL or with funky "boxes" for characters in front of the <?xml line. I believe the "space" before the <?xml is a tab. However, nothing I can find in GetFolders.php, connector.php, or config.php has any kind of insertion of a tab or additional spaces. I have not found anything regarding IIS that would cause this, but I do believe something w/ IIS and handling php scripts and/or xml or dom scripting is causing this problem....I just don’t know how or where to fix it.

• 228 Posts
            I have just discovered I have a very similar issue.
            The strange thing is that this was working previously - for several months, but now the resource browser wont show any files/directories or upload anything either. So i suspect that something has changed in the set up on the server, but as its at a private company (they use this modx installation for an intranet site) its difficult trying to find out what has happened - but they are all looking at me to fix it!

Rusty - did you find an answer to your problem??

MODx 0.9.6.3
            Windows (2003 Server i believe)
            PHP 5.2
            Mysql 5

• 228 Posts
              one of the server admins told me the images folder keeps being deleted, and he has no idea why. So every time it happens he restores it from the previous backup.

.... o_O
                • 297 Posts
                I know this is an old post but, do you have any files with special charachters in its name? I had the same problem and it was caused but a file that had a name too long, with special characthers and whitespaces.
                  • 5 Posts
                  rustycircuits Reply #8, 14 years ago
                  I finally gave up on it and went with a joomla installation for that project. No idea if it’s changed. I noticed TinyMCE seems to be the default install now so *shrug*.