We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 31 Posts
    Hi guys,

I’m sure you can answer my question, I have not found a similar question by now.

I used my Website with FCKeditor before and told my users to use one Directory for Media and Files  (/assets/media/).
    FCKeditors dialoge had let me choose the Directory (Dropdown Field upper left corner) with Images / Media / Files and Flash I believe.

TinyMCE’s MCpuck does not allow any other than ’Files’ in the dropdown (when using the link-button).
    OK, lets see what I tried:

Option 1: setting  type = ’media’;  in /var/www/assets/plugins/tinymce303/tinymce.functions.php in the switch-thing:
    switch (type) {
                            case "image":
                                    type = 'images';
                                    break;
                            case "media":
                                    break;
                            case "flash":
                                    break;
                            case "file":
                              type = 'files';
                                    break;
                            default:
                                    return false;
                    }

RESULT: MCpuck shows empty fields for all types (even images) -> probably an error somewhere (?)

Option 2:   remove (and backup) the files-folder (/var/www/assets/files/)  and make a symbolic Link to media called files via
    ln - s media/ files

RESULT: Working sometimes.
    I figured out, when not working, doing a  apache2ctl graceful and a restart of Firefox makes it working.

But what can be the reason why? What can be the reason that it sometimes works and sometimes not?
    A linux symblic Link is - i thought so - always working like the original folder (?)

The file permissions (or better the folder permissions) are set correctly, all of them (root:www-data, 664)
    The webserver is a Debian maschine.

Thanks for your replies.
    Steffen
      www.steffen-uhlmann.de
      • 97 Posts
      this post might help or lead you in the right direction: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,17617.msg147186.html#msg147186