We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,205 Posts
    This is not a MCPUK bug, it is related to the server environment but effects the workings of MCPUK.

I can upload to to the default files directory, but after creating a new dir I cannot upload to that dir. The php is in safe mode and I noticed that the issue is related to ownership differences which safe mode does not like. Is there a work around for this?
      [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
      Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
    • Check the file/directory mask settings under Tools > Configuration > File Manager setting. I’m not sure if those populate to MCPuck but worth a shot.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 4,205 Posts
        Thanks, but I already checked that. I think it is the Resource Path that sets mcpuk, but I check that as well.

I don’t think it is a MODx or mcpuk issue since I can upload to the main /files or /images directories but not to any sub folder I create within those dirs.

In looking at the dirs I notice that there is a difference in the ownership, all the dirs that do work have one owner but the others (including php and my ftp user) fail. I think it is failing on the move_uploaded_file() command. The error I get is "Failed to upload file, internal error...".

I think that mcpuk may have a debug mode, I will look into this.

EDIT: when in doubt debug smiley
        This is a safe mode error. Debug says it all and points to the culprit. I am hating this clients server, it has been one problem after another and they have a IT department that set all the rules so there is not much ’sway’ room. Argh. Well at least with the debug info I can simply let the client know anf have him discuss this with the IT folks...not really my problem anymore.

Thanks for the help.
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]