We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 103 Posts
    Is there a way to be able to select the ’insert link’ button -> then bring up the file browser and have it see image files? Right now, if you hit the ’insert link’ button, bring up the file browser it will not display any images in the directory. My client would like to insert links to images that have been uploaded – without having to figure out the path etc. manually.

What I’ve done is placed a symbolic link in the ’files’ directory that links to the images directory like so

files/
    images/ -> ../images

Yet the file browser will not display any images.
      • 6 Posts
      This would be absolutely awesome. I really need this feature to link image thumbnails with their bigger version.
      I am right not sure how to implement this feature without bigger problems.

Please, i would really appreciate any help in this direction.

Cheers,
      Martin
        • 103 Posts
        Quote from: mainframe.ai at Dec 13, 2007, 02:17 PM

This would be absolutely awesome. I really need this feature to link image thumbnails with their bigger version.
        I am right not sure how to implement this feature without bigger problems.

Please, i would really appreciate any help in this direction.

Cheers,
        Martin

Yes I would as well as doing it without this functionality is quite a pain. I have yet to discover a solution - maybe the people to contact are the developers for tinyMCE and/or FCK . . .
          • 6 Posts
          Yep. I consider it essential. And I was REALLY surprised that this seems to be so difficult to realize.
          Please… We seem to be less than enlightened. Could some (pretty) please could enlighten us. smiley

Cheers,
          Martin
            • 1,131 Posts
            This is more of an MCPUK problem than anything. Should have an alternative to the MCPUK file browser pretty soon. Just need to add some configuration support and a few other things. Would like to get an early beta out very soon.

Jeff
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 6 Posts
              Wow… that sounds great. Sorry for the late response. I was away from computing for the holidays… :-D

Well. I really do hope that there will be an update soon. Still very interested in getting this thing solved.
              Right now, there is massive User interaction necessary to get this task completed (like copying Url’s).

Great stuff nevertheless,,, thanks for caring.

Martin
              • There is a baking solution here.

Cheers,

Jay
                  Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                  • 6 Posts
                  whoa… Thanks… that seem to be a cool one... smiley

Thanks a lot for the help...

Martin

• 97 Posts
                    This is actually really easy to hack. In

assets/plugins/tinymce2111/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/advlink/link.htm

Change line 15 from...

var imgr_path = tinyMCE.getParam("resource_browser_path") + '&Type=files';

to

var imgr_path = tinyMCE.getParam("resource_browser_path");

This will make the resource dropdown in the top left include all resource types. Not sure how to limit this to just images, but this works for me.

I’ve done this on MODx 0.9.6, and I’m not sure if it will work with other versions.

James
                      • 50 Posts
                      hi.

to all who whant do the same in modx 9.6.2 you need to modify:

assets/plugins/tinymce3101/tinymce.functions.php

line: 178 add case

case "all":
                      type = '';
                      break;

/assets/plugins/tinymce3101/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/advlink/js/advlink.js

change line: 31
                      from
                      document.getElementById('hrefbrowsercontainer').innerHTML = getBrowserHTML('hrefbrowser','href','file','advlink');

to
                      document.getElementById('hrefbrowsercontainer').innerHTML = getBrowserHTML('hrefbrowser','href','all','advlink');

so when you will call browser from insert link window - browser will be openned with all types not only files.