We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 120 Posts
    Sorry for very bad english, i think you can understand me.

When i paste image to content as preview and i want to make link to full image in popup, adress for this popup can be selected only from "File" folder, selector in left top position of window don’t display "Image" folder.
    It’s not all... I can’t upload big image to "File" folder because jpg file type is forbidden for folder "File".

it is "Double stop"...

How can i select "Image" folder for link too? which config i need to change? In original FCKEditor this strong permission for folders is absent

Thanks a lot!

"scheme" in attachment
      Автор благодарит алфавит за любезно предоставленные буквы
      • 1,611 Posts
      It sounds as if you need to change your File Manager path in Tools -> Configuration -> File Manager (and make sure that the assets/images folder has 777 permissions as well).
        "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
        • 120 Posts
        No, it’s already 777.

Uploading to ’Image’ folder and pasting images from this folder to content is working correctly... I just don’t see this folder in menu when i want to paste link (see screenshot)
          • 1,611 Posts
          By "uploading" do you mean using the File Manager or FTP? Can you use the File Manager at all? Can you use the regular one under Manager Resources?

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
            • 120 Posts
            Uploading and viewing ’Image’ folder in file manager is working,
            Uploading files to ’files’ folder in file manager is working too.

you can see this problem at http://demo.opensourcecms.com/modx/manager/ (admin:demo123)
            Just try to paste link into content of any document
              • 1,611 Posts
              OK I tried it, and it works as I would expect...

I can insert an image without any trouble using the Resource Browser. If I select text and try to use the Resource Browser to link to a file I see what you see in your screenshot, which is normal (and the files directory in the demo does not have permissions set to allow uploads, so you can’t upload your own files there). The Resource Browser is purposefully limited to certain subdirectories of assets for security reasons, so if you want to use it to link to things in TinyMCE you need to put those files in their proper places.

Does that make sense?

• 120 Posts
                Quote from: ZAP at Mar 30, 2007, 05:30 PM

...and the files directory in the demo does not have permissions set to allow uploads, so you can’t upload your own files there...

One more try: uploading to ’Files’ folder is not problem, inserting images to content is not problem, i just dont know how to unlock ’Image’ folder in "Paste link". I dont want upload images to ’files’ folder, this is half-solution.
                Site now is working on localhost under Windows, but it doesn’t matter. Folders for images and files is exists sad...

question is still open: how to paste link to content to files stored in ’Image’ folder sad

See screenshot from FCKEditor Online demo: ’Paste link’ window
                  • 120 Posts
                  Maybe, it’s possible to use default FCK Editor File/Image browser???
                    • 120 Posts
                    FCKEditor was installed today.
                    It’s working as i need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All folders (Image, File, Flash...) can be browsed in ’Paste Link’ window. I didnt’ make any changes in config’s huh

But i still don’t want to use this editor, it’s not too light as TinyMCE and still have problems with formatting in some cases...

I think, when i press the "Browse server" link in "Paste Link" window in MCE, new ’browser’ window is opening with parameter, which strongly define ’Files’ folder as exclusive possible. It needs to change adv_link class, but in official documentation, of course, i can’t find description of working this class with mcpuk sad
                      • 375 Posts
                      Look at you "assets"-folder on your server. There you got among others 2 folders: "images" and "files". If you insert and image with TinyMCE and use the "browse" button, you are directed to the "images" folder. Then, if you want to insert a link to a file and use the "browse" button in the "link to file" window, you are directed to the directory "files". There is no way to reach "images" from "link to file" dialog.

How about this: create a folder "images" within "files" and upload your large images there. Then you can link them from anywhere you like.

(I’m using TinyMCE (2.1.1.1) with MODx 0.9.6)

Martin