We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Have MODx 1.0.4 installed with TinyMCE and fckeditor on a 3rd party hosted Linux environment with the current mySQL (but no phpmyadmin) and all was wonderful. I was away from it for 2 months, and now back to it with a tight deadline. I forgot my admin password, tried to have it emailed to me but it did not come, so I manually ran a script to change the admin password and was able to get back into the manager, but now fckeditor and tinymce does not work.

FCKEditor does not load at all - just a blank square. Javascript errors show Access Denied over and over, no matter what browser I use.

TinyMCE loads but when I click the html button the popup window opens but doesn’t load.

I just tried to reinstall FCKEditor and got the following error, and FCKEditor still does not work:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’Bold’,’Italic’,’Underline’,’-’,’Link’,’Unlink’] &fckwebautolang=Web Auto Languag’ at line 1

I found another post relating to the eror above, however it has no solution.

What can I do to get these editors working and how is this related to my password reset? All help greatly appreciated as I have a very tight timeline to finish this site! I’ve been a modx website developer for over 2 years with a lot of modx sites out there but never ran into this before.

Thanks!!!
      • 5 Posts
      Ok - I’m an idiot....I forgot a setting in my .htaccess - sheesh!!!! Thank goodness for Chrome’s javascript console.

Solved!! cool