We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 333 Posts
    Hi, I have a problem with the snippet "newspublisher" because if I use this calling (without the form template):
    [!NewsPublisher? &folder=`1` &canpost=`Capi` &folder=`3` &rtcontent=`tvblogContent` &footertpl=`footernews`  !]

I see the publisher page but when I click to the "publish" button it doesn’t publish anything.
    But if I use this calling:
    [!NewsPublisher? &folder=`1` &canpost=`Capi` &folder=`3` &rtcontent=`tvblogContent` &footertpl=`footernews` &formtpl=`BlogForm` !]

Everything work good, whit http://modxcms.com/blog-publish.html form template
      Sorry for my bad English grin
      • 39 Posts
      Funny because I was just having the same pb, and you gave me the answer. However, I have no explanation.

The chunk "FormBlog" given with MODx does not work, whereas the chunk "BlogForm" given in the doc works. They are posting the form to the same address with the same params, the only difference seems to be the javascript calendar.

EDIT: oups, I was wrong, I still have the problem ... However, since I’m a real newbie to MODx, I have to search a little bit more ... so forget my message embarrassed
        • 1,495 Posts
        Notice the parameter &rtcontent=`tvblogContent`

You are telling the snippet that you want to use RichTextEditor for the content, while the default template for NewsPublisher doesn’t contain RichTextEditor, because the RichTextEditor need to be set as a Template Variable and being put over on the template. Open the NewsPubsliher and check the default template, it won’t have [*tvblogContent*], while the one on your BlogForm chunk template contain [*tvblogContent*] to substitute the <textarea name="content"></textarea> in the default form.

Hope it explains the reasoning behind it.
        Have fun toying with MODx!
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • 333 Posts
          Yes! You are clear as ever! wink
          I have substitute "<textarea name="content"></textarea> " with "[*blogContent*]" and now it works good.
          Thanks a lot Wendy smiley

but now there is another small problem... I can’t see the author of the news undecided
            • 39 Posts
            Hi,

(since my problem is very related to the one described here, I don’t want to open a new topic, may be I should have ?)

The symptom of my problem is the same than the one described: after pressing the publish button, nothing happen.
            I’m calling the snippet with the following arguments:
            [!NewsPublisher?folder=`39`&postid=`39`&canpost=`Editeur de News`&formtpl=`T_FormBlog`&rtcontent=`blogContent`!]

I made a TV called ’blogContent’, based on a RichText widget.
            Then I made a chunk called T_FormBlog, very similar to the FormBlog chunk given in example, and used this TV:
            <fieldset>
                	<h3> Content: </h3> <label for="content">[*blogContent*]</label>
            </fieldset>

On the "add a news" page, the widget appears correctly. Put the publish button does nothing.

After doing some little debug with the NewsPublisher snippet, I ended on the case
            $modx->webAlert('Missing news content.');

Has someone any idea ?

Tristan
              • 39 Posts
              Well, I finally found out how to resolve the pb (I guess so at least !):

If my TV is called ’blogContent’, then rtcontent must be equal to ’tvblogContent’ and not ’blogContent’, is that right ?

I think the documentation (http://modxcms.com/blog-publish.html) should be a bit more explicit about prefixing the TV name with ’tv’ ... Is there a reason for this prefix ? is there other possibilities ?

Tristan
                • 1,495 Posts
                Quote from: Tristan at Mar 05, 2006, 05:33 PM

Well, I finally found out how to resolve the pb (I guess so at least !):

If my TV is called ’blogContent’, then rtcontent must be equal to ’tvblogContent’ and not ’blogContent’, is that right ?

I think the documentation (http://modxcms.com/blog-publish.html) should be a bit more explicit about prefixing the TV name with ’tv’ ... Is there a reason for this prefix ? is there other possibilities ?

Tristan

Glad to know that you solve your problem. Sorry I couldn’t help answering your problem earlier. Hope somebody can answer your problem more promptly, the next time you have any problem wink
                  Wendy Novianto
                  [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                  [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                  • 333 Posts
                  Now I have create a chunk for NewsPublisher and I receive the error "Missing news content" when I publish something...
                  This is my call:
                  [!NewsPublisher? &folder=`15` &canpost=`Capi` &footertpl=`commentsChunk` rtcontent=`tvblogContent`  &formtpl=`BlogForm` !]

chunk:
                  <h3>Contenuto</h3>
                  <label for="content">Contenuto:[*blogContent*]</label>

• 333 Posts
                    Any ideas? I have the error also with the chunk of this site
                      • 1,198 Posts
                      Nicola (Banzai) Reply #10, 18 years ago
                      Ciao Edipo, have you selected your template in blogContent tv?
                        Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
                        -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
                        -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design