We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    This is unrelated to my previous (and unanswered sad) question.

On another site, the client is having issues with FCKeditor.  Previously it worked fine, no issues to speak of and nothing has been changed that I know of (possibly a MySQL update).  File Manager / Resource paths are correct.

What’s happening is that when using Insert/Edit Link and then Link URL, FCKeditor shows folders in the root folder (/assets/files) but upon clicking one, will not show any subfolders.  The main FCKeditor window is empty.

Folders containing files (but no subfolders) are also displaying oddly, with the file thumbnails missing (little red crosses).  Previously there were no problems and PDF files had the correct icons.

FTPing confirms the old subfolders and files are still there.  Links to those files still work.  FCKeditor just can’t "see" them now.

Client is unable to browse current folders / upload new files / create new folders.

Any thoughts?

-edit-

Forgot to mention the MODx version is 0.9.6.1p2, with FCKeditor being whatever version came with that release.  smiley

-another edit!-
    I’m also unable to delete the folders via FTP or from within FCKeditor, which is very frustrating.

-UPDATE-
    Looking at the folders via Manage Files, it seems Modx / FCKeditor is no longer treating the folders as folders but as FILES..!? Created a new directory structure and uploaded it via FTP and Manage Files sees the folders as folders. Old tree the final folder level is being treated as files, not folders.

Very weird. Really need help with this..

• 17 Posts
      FWIW, I have this same problem with a couple of (but not all) my subfolders in FCKeditor as well. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks!

-aj

EDIT: I’m using version 0.9.6.3 of MODx and the default version of FCKeditor that came with it (can’t seem to find info re: FCK version).
        ---
        A.J. Van Beest
        Beest Built Websites, LLC
        (877) 292-3378
      • just curious, why not using TinyMCE?
        The current working version also has been updated.
        See here http://modxcms.com/extras.html?view=package/view&repository=10&package=459

The FCK Editor’s version can be seen from it’s editing content, click the question mark.
        The default version is 2.6.3

This post may help:
        http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,33018.15.html

PS, please consider to upgrade the modx version. Some of security concerns are the reasons.
          Rico
          Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
          MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.